12. Coward

Just as I approach the exit, the person finally breaks the silence.

X: We need to talk - I recognize her voice and the words, it's Cate.

I halt my steps, refraining from turning around. I stand still, waiting for her to catch up. With my eyes closed, I wish I could just vanish. The thought of facing her, anticipating her anger, fills me with sorrow. I don't want to talk to her; the idea of having upset her weighs heavily on my heart.

Cate: Let's go to my office -her voice carries a stern tone.

We enter a room I've never seen before, and I assume it's her office.

Cate: Spill it, why'd you say we should stop? If you wanted out, you could've said it earlier. I'm lost on why you're changing your tune all of a sudden.
Y/N: I just figured out that what we're about to get into isn't right. Sure, I have feelings for you, but being seventeen and you being my teacher, not to mention the age gap, makes things complicated.
Cate: So, now you're playing the coward card? If you weren't into this, you should've pumped the brakes when you started catching feelings for me, not after we shared a kiss, or, more accurately, after you reciprocated my kiss.
Y/N: When you kissed me, I couldn't help but respond. It was like I couldn't stop myself.
Cate: It's obvious you're into me, and honestly, I don't see why we should stop. If we both have feelings for each other, why get hung up on everything else? Sure, there's the risk of getting caught, and I could end up in serious trouble. But, what if we manage to avoid that? - she said, moving closer to me - Why not give it a shot?

We lock eyes for a brief moment, and then she leans in for a kiss. It takes me a moment to reciprocate, but eventually, I do, and she smiles, continuing the kiss. After a few minutes of kissing, her lips move down to my neck and she starts licking and sucking it, leaving big marks on it. The ones I had from the other day were not noticed by anyone because they were little but I'm sure that these are going to be bigger and I will have to cover them.
She comes back to kissing my mouth and also biting my lips. Not hurting me, but making me moan a little.
Then, I decide to kiss her neck. And I also start licking and sucking it, just like she did to me.
I feel prepared to do more, and I want to tell her. While thinking this, our lips meet again and our tongues too. We don't even fight for dominance because she obviously wins.

X: Seriously? Right here in the office?

We were completely engrossed in our work, oblivious to the door opening. Sandra walked in, and fortunately, it was her and not someone else.

Cate: Oh god! Sorry, Sandra. What's up?
Sandra: Don't worry, I won't spill the beans. I kind of saw this coming, but seriously, in the office? Anyone could walk in!
Cate: We're aware. We need to be more discreet.
Y/N: I apologize. I'll leave. Goodbye!

I felt so uneasy in that moment that I had to excuse myself. Plus, they needed to discuss work, and I didn't want to be a distraction.

My mind is all over the place at the moment. I'm unsure about what to do with Cate. Maybe she has a point, what if we don't get caught? Well, today's incident showed we could, but with more caution, we might avoid it and just enjoy ourselves. That would be ideal. I've decided to have a chat with Maggie, she might offer some valuable insights.