3. Mom

TW: stomachache due to lack of eating

Y/N pov

She does what she said and then leaves the classroom. The rest of the day just goes by like any other normal day.

The next day

Yesterday, after school, I had lunch with Bonnie, and she shared all the details of her day. Later, I went shopping with Maggie, although we didn't end up buying anything; we simply spent the afternoon together. Upon arriving home, I wasn't particularly hungry, so I didn't eat anything.

It's currently 4 am, and I find myself in bed with a stomachache, unable to sleep. Determined to distract myself, I opt for a walk around the neighborhood. When I return, it's already 6 am. Realizing that I have only two hours before school, I curse under my breath. Upon entering my bedroom, I notice my mom.

Mom: Hello, darling. Where were you? -she's clearly under the influence, but it's hard to tell if it's from alcohol or something else.

Y/N: Hi, Mom. I just needed some fresh air.

Suddenly, she erupts in anger, hurling and smashing everything in sight. After wreaking havoc in my bedroom, she proceeds to other rooms, leaving destruction in her wake. I stand there, feeling utterly helpless.

I glance at my phone, and it's already 7:30 am. Damn! I've wasted an hour and a half, and now I have to get ready for school. Hastily changing my clothes, I grab my bag and slip out of the house without uttering a word to my mother, who is now slumbering on the floor.

The initial three classes went smoothly. My stomach ached a little, but I managed. Now, it's time for the arts class with Miss Bullock. It feels odd to refer to her that way when she allows me to call her Sandra. I truly appreciate her as a teacher, and she's exceptionally beautiful.

Sandra: Good day, class! For today, I'll allow you to draw anything you like, but it should be connected to your holidays.

Everyone begins to draw and paint, and I find myself contemplating what to create. As my eyelids grow heavy, I struggle to stay awake, but the lack of sleep from the previous night makes it challenging.

Sandra: Y/N! Wake up, Y/N! -I hear as I awaken. I look around and notice that everybody else has left, leaving just the two of us.- Are you feeling okay, Y/N?
Y/N: Yes, I am. Sorry, I didn't sleep much last night. I'm so sorry. I'll finish this at home if you let me.
Sandra: Okay, I'll let you finish it, but try to get more sleep, please. I don't want you falling asleep in my classes because I know you enjoy them -she winks.
Y/N: You're right. Sorry, it won't happen again -I smile.

I know she's not upset because she understands I'm usually a diligent student, but I feel genuinely sorry because I don't like missing any classes.

I arrive late at Miss Paulson, or as she lets me call her, Sarah's class and I also feel bad about that. The class goes well, but she lets the others leave five minutes early and requests me to stay back.

Sarah: You were late. What happened? I'm not upset; I'm just concerned.
Y/N: Apologies, I was discussing something with Miss Bullock. It won't happen again.
Sarah: Alright, no need to worry then. Off to your next class. Goodbye, Y/N!
Y/N: Goodbye, Sarah!

The next class, and the final one of the day, is with Cate. Cate, God, I love her name.

Cate: Hello, class! Today, we're going to play a game. Don't get used to it; it won't happen every day. -she says, and everybody laughs at the last words.

Everything is going well, and there are only 15 minutes left of the class. All of a sudden, I start to feel a lot of pain in my stomach. I leave the class, running to the bathroom, where I sit and cry because of the pain.

The 15 minutes pass, and everybody is leaving when I hear a knock at the door.