4. Cate's house

Y/N pov

The 15 minutes pass, and everybody is leaving when I hear a knock at the door.

X: Hey Y/N! Are you there? -it's her, it's Cate.
Y/N: Yes. I'll leave now, wait a minute -I manage to say.
Cate: Can I come in? -I wasn't expecting that, and I just stay there, shocked- I'm coming in!

Cate opens the door and notices I had been crying, so she hugs me. I just stand there, unsure of what to do.

Cate: What happened? Are you okay, darling?
Y/N: My stomach hurts -I say still crying.
Cate: Are you on your period? Have you eaten anything out of the normal? -she asks, concerned.
Y/N: I'm not on my period, and... I haven't eaten... anything.
Cate: What do you mean by anything?
Y/N: Yesterday I didn't have dinner, and this morning I didn't have breakfast.
Cate: You should go home and eat, darling. Your body needs food -she says, touching my stomach gently.
Y/N: I don't wanna go home -I say, crying even more- My mom is there.
Cate: Oh! This may sound weird, but do you want to come to my house, and I'll make you eat something? -I just nod my head, and she helps me to get up.

We go to her car and head to her house. The drive is silent; well, I'm still crying, but she doesn't say anything. She parks in front of a beautiful house, just like her. Wait, did I just think that? Anyway, her house is quite big compared to mine, and it fits her. She opens the door and heads directly to the kitchen. I stay there outside of the house because this all feels really weird to me.

Cate: Are you gonna stay there all day? You can come in. - she says, coming closer to me and holding my hand to bring me inside the house. - Here, you have some food. Eat whatever you want, but eat.

There are pancakes, chocolate bars, cookies, and some fruits. I begin by eating the pancakes because they look incredibly tasty, and indeed, they are delicious.

Y/N: Mmmh! These pancakes are absolutely amazing.
Cate: Thank you! I made them myself.
Y/N: You cook?
Cate: Well, yeah, I have four kids, so I have to feed them -she says laughing, I smile- Are you feeling better?
Y/N: Yes, thank you. I'll finish eating this, and then I'll head home. Sorry for bothering you.
Cate: Oh, no! You can stay here as long as you want. I'm alone these days, so you're not bothering.
Y/N: I'm bothering you -I say, laughing.
Cate: You're so sweet. I like having you here. So no, you don't bother. You can even do your homework here if you want to -I can see she understands that I don't want to go home.
Y/N: Thank you so much, really -she just nods, smiling.

I spent the afternoon at her house working on my homework. When I finish, I glance at my phone, and first, I notice a lot of messages from Maggie. Then, I realize that it's already 8:30 pm.

Y/N: Oh my god! It's so late! I should go home.
Cate: You can stay and have dinner here. Then I'll make sure you don't skip it again -she says in a tone that I just can't refuse, so I nod.

We have dinner together, although it's already a bit late for that. She makes me laugh all the time. I feel so comfortable with her. I don't want this moment to end.