9. Movie time

I hesitated about going to the classroom, fearing that one of my classmates might show up at any moment. However, we proceeded anyway. Once there, Cate instructed me to sit at my table. Just as she leaned in to kiss me, there was an unexpected knock on the door. We swiftly separated, and to our surprise, two boys from my class entered the room.

Student 1: Miss Blanchett, can you help us with this question? -they didn't notice our almost-kiss as we separated quickly.

Cate: Yes -she walked over to them- Look, it's here. You just needed to read this page.

Student 2: Thank you so much, Miss Blanchett -they leave the classroom, leaving us in solitude once again.

Cate: Nobody will interrupt us now -she approaches my table, but our moment is abruptly cut short by the ringing of the bell- Oh, come on! Are you kidding me? Sorry, I would stay with you, but I have a meeting with the teachers. See you tomorrow -with that, she kisses my cheek and leaves the room.

What just happened? I pinch myself three times, unable to believe the reality of the situation. It's no longer a product of my imagination; she felt something too, at least an attraction.

Rather than heading home, I decide to go to Maggie's house, where I know I'm always welcome. Over lunch, I share with her every detail of what unfolded in the past few days, including today's unexpected events.

Maggie: Wow! Your life right now sounds like that movie you made me watch one day... I don't remember the name...
Y/N: "Notes On A Scandal"
Maggie: Yeah! That one! But really, when you two kiss, I wanna be the first one to know.
Y/N: Of course you'll be the first one. Who else could be? Bonnie?
Maggie: I don't know. Sandra knew more than me.
Y/N: But that's because she saw us.

Dinner time

We spent the entire afternoon tackling our homework assignments and binge-watching movies.

Maggie: You should stay for dinner -my phone rings- Who is it? Answer! Put it on speaker!
Y/N: It's an unkown number -I answer the phone- Hello.
X: Hi Y/N, it's me, Cate! I just wanted to know if you wanted to come to my house for dinner. I'm alone and I can pick you up right now.
Y/N: Oh! I'm at Maggie's but... yes, sure! I want to come. I send you the location.
Cate: Ok! I'll pick you up now. Bye! -she hangs up.
Maggie: What the hell? You're going to have dinner with your teacher. You know how that's going to end up right?
Y/N: How?
Maggie: You two in bed... naked...
Y/N: Ok shut up! I'm a virgin. I don't think she wants to have sex with a virgin.
Maggie: Don't tell her you're a virgin. She doesn't need to know.
Y/N: She would notice. I'm not an expert.
Maggie: Well... Anyway! Something's gonna happen between you two and you can't say no to that.
Y/N: I don't know...
Maggie: Just go outside and wait for her!

I step outside and wait for her, following Maggie's advice. In ten minutes, she arrives, and I climb into her car.

Cate: Hello darling! How are you?
Y/N: Hi! I'm a bit hungry. How are you?
Cate: Oh! Me too! Dinner's waiting for us.

Cate's house

We reached her place in ten minutes and dove into dinner, both of us ravenous. Now, we find ourselves on her couch, attempting to choose a movie, but struggling to agree on one.

Cate: Oh my god! You've watched every single movie!
Y/N: I really enjoy watching movies. I don't mind watching "Ocean's 8" again though, have you watched it?
Cate: No, I've heard of it, but never watched it. Let's watch it!

As the movie begins, we sit in such proximity that our thighs touch. Out of the blue, she wraps her arm around my shoulders, gently guiding my head to rest on her shoulder.

As the movie unfolds, her hand transitions from my shoulders to my thigh. Throughout its progression, her touch subtly moves toward my inner thigh.

When I Kissed The TeacherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara