Replacement [VENT]

This is a vent chapter. I'm just writing this to calm myself down pretty much.

TW: abandonment

Little!Dream

Puffy always left for big Adventures when Dream was a kid, taking months and months. He was left with Nikki a lot, but he didn't mind with her.

The first few times, he would sit at the window and refuse to do anything else.

The only people that could get him to do anything but stare hopefully was Sapnap and George, and would often spend the days playing board games with him.

By the second year, he lost that hope.

He basically lived with Sapnap, Bad more than happy to take him in when Puffy could barely be bothered to call anymore.

Then there was the day she called and said she was home with the best surprise, and Bad made him go.

He didn't know what to expect when he walked into that door, really.

But he froze when he saw another teenager, Puffy immediately going into Foolish and who he was and the new sibling.

Dream felt his stomach twist into a knot, felt sick.

She missed his child hood, and got another teen to replace him too.

He was crying, tears falling down his face before he could stop them, angry, upset, and jealous all in one.

He just licked himself and his room and cried that day, ignoring concerned messages from everyone for a week, feeling truly broken.

She replaced him without a second thought or care.

She got Foolish as a do over kid, even said she'd stop traveling to raise him.

What had Dream done wrong?

Had he not been smart enough?

Was he not good enough?

What had he done so wrong that Puffy hated him and how he turned out?

Dream and Foolish never bonded, because Dream was jealous.

Jealous that Foolish and Puffy were so close.

That he never had to wait for months before seeing her.

That she didn't forget his birthdays for years.

That she didn't hate being asked for things by him.

He was jealous and he hated it.

But maybe he hated those two more.

Hated his mom and adoptive older brother.

That was years ago, though. Now he was in prison, and apparently he had a visitor.

He didn't care, he couldn't bring himself too.

Than he saw that red coat and a sheep hybrid, and suddenly he felt sick all over.

She yelled at him.

Yelled how he hurt so many, yelled how she disowned him, and so much more.

By the end he was laughing, knees weak and feeling like he'd collapse.

Sam nor Puffy could figure out why.

But Dream was laughing, and finally found his voice.

"YOU NEVER CARED ANYWAYS!"

The silence was thick, the laughing stopped, Dream felt like he could cry.

"YOU LEFT FOR MONTHS! BAD RAISED ME MORE THAN YOU EVER DID, AND IN THE END YOU REPLACED ME WITH FOOLISH!"

He was crying now, regression giving a familiar tug to his mind that he couldn't will off.

He collapsed to his knees and cried, sobbed as if he'd sob himself into dehydration.

His first visit and he ended up regressed and sobbing infront of his ex-mom and the Warden.

Maybe he could understand why Puffy wanted to replace him. He was truly pathetic.