Chapter 08

Abby's P.O.V.

Seniors had the day off today so I called up the girls, and asked them if we could go dress shopping together... yeah we were going dressing a couple days before Prom.

We met at the Mall downtown, we wander around the store aimlessly looking at dozen of dresses.

"So who's going with whom?" I asked them. Lacey whipped out her phone, her face lit up.

"Jack asked me last night over Snapchat!" She showed us the pictures and he spelled 'Will you be my date to Prom?' With candles, it was absolutely stunning.

"Awe!" We all thought it was adorable, so was so lucky to have him.

"Brent and I are going!" Veronica spoke up.

"Dillon asked me last night as well" I smiled, my cheeks turning bright red. We all looked at Barbara who stared at the ground.

"Shawn is going to be in New York, he has a show." She sighed. She placed her hands in her pockets and looked up at us I wrap my arms around her small frame. But something else was bothering her, I can tell. She constantly would look off, not making direct eye contact. Whatever it was we were going to make her forget about it. I turned around and found three dress all in Barbara's size, one was a mint green it was long and flowy, then there was a shorter white lace one, the last one was a pale/ icy blue one. I handed them to her and a smile quickly appeared on her face. We followed her to the changing room, we waited outside and as she walked out which each one on.

She walked out with the white lace one which looked nice but she didn't really like that one then she put on the mint colored one, but she immediately turned around regretting that she tried that one on.  She finally tried on the blue one on, and that was the one.

"That's the one!" I cheered. Then it was our turns, Veronica picked out two for me, and I picked out a few for her. Then Barbara found one for Lacey which was prefect! I got the beautiful white lace one that Veronica picked, Lacey had a beautiful pale pink dress that made her look like a princess, then Veronica got a lilac colored one, that made her look amazing.

We then went to get shoes to go with our dresses. Barbara and I weren't ones for heels, so we went for converse! After about 20 minutes we all finished and paid for everything.

We then went out for lunch, and hung out for a bit. As we talked about being with our date, my heart kept breaking for Barbara, but at least she was going to be at our Prom, not Parchment's. I wish I knew what was going on in her mind.