Being watched

She swung the cracked door open and darted inside. She pulled the creaking door shut as soon as she could. She was breathing heavily. Footsteps came running from her mom's bed room. She grabbed a knife and waited for a masked psycho path to come sprinting out with a chainsaw.
She nearly screamed as the door opened and a tall figure stepped out. "Kesse, are you all-"

Kesse was stabbing rapidly at the air in her mother's direction. She had her eyes sealed shut and her face turned away. She wasn't paying attention to what her parent was saying.

Kesse's mom carefully walked around the armed teen. She leaned over to Kesse to calm her down. "Kesse. It's all right." She let out a howl of pain. The top of her head started feeling like water had been dripped onto it. She lifted her hand up cautiously and touched the source of the pain. She moved her hand back to her line of vision and saw dark red water.

THUD!

Kesse finally looked up and tears swarmed her eyes. Her mom was lying on the floor with blood seeping out of her head. She pulled out her phone and dialed "911". She explained what happened and gave her address. She then walked over to her mom and checked her heart beat and breathing to make sure she was alive. She sobbed quietly.