27

"Why the fuck would you meet me for coffee?" Griffin asked with wide eyes as he processed the details of the night and morning I had, "You could've had breakfast—better yet breakfast in bed. And the gym offer? I mean Vina c'mon."

I shrug as I swallow the last sip of my tea, "I wanted to meet up with you and talk."

Griffin narrows his eyes, "I call bullshit, what was the real reason?"

I let out an exaggerated sigh at how well Griffin knows me, which is surprising due to the short amount of time that I've known him, "I didn't want to be a burden or overstay my welcome," I admitted.

Griffin laughs, "Seriously you're overthinking it—she wouldn't have offered if she didn't want to y'know."

I nod knowing he has a point, "I guess you're right, but I also needed to go home and see what Jade and Jaci have been up to—oh and I don't know... shower even."

Griffin sighs, "Could've showered with her."

I roll my eyes playfully, "I get it okay? I overthought myself out of hanging out longer with Cayden."

"Just making sure I rubbed it in enough so you don't do it again," he said plastering a smile on his face.

"Yeah-yeah," I said as we both stood from our seats, "I'll see you tomorrow for the gym right?"

"If I'm not hungover then yes," Griffin laughed as we walked out of the quaint coffee shop.

After saying our goodbyes, Griffin and I parted ways, we both didn't need Uber's given that our places weren't more than a five-minute walk. During my walk, thoughts of Cayden wormed their way into my mind, easily making me smile as I walked down the busy sidewalks of SoHo.

"Vi Vi is that you?" I heard from inside the brownstone as soon as I unlocked and opened the door. "Where the fuck have you been? What kind of bad girl shit have you been up to?" Jade called out.

"Vina! Get the fuck in here!" Jaci's excited voice echoed throughout the house.

I laughed, kicking off my heels and then walking into the kitchen where Jade and Jaci were hanging out. Jade was seated at the table eating a container of yogurt while Jaci cooked eggs on the stove.

"You never came home last night... so how did things go with Griffin?" Jade asked.

My stomach dropped, realizing I'd completely forgotten how my night had originally started—to J&J's knowledge, Griffin and I were going out to the club together. "Uh—" I weighed my options. I obviously wasn't going to tell them that I was with Cayden, but it was clear that I was doing the walk of shame right now. Although, lying to them again felt so wrong. "I don't kiss and tell."

"Please give some details," Jaci said  as she plated her fluffy eggs. "Anything. I'm in a drought right now. I had been so caught up with passing my exams that I haven't gotten laid in so long—ugh and now hookups are on a temporary ban so I can focus more on myself."

I laughed and decided to give minimal details that involved somewhat of the truth, "We went to the club and grabbed pizza after, he was nice as always. It was a good time."

"Yeah, it seems like it," Jaci said as she walked over to the dining room table where Jade was seated at. I got seated at the table and as I gave her a confused look, she nodded at my neck. "Nice hickey Vina."

"What?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest. I put my hand to my neck instinctively, wondering how both Cayden and I could've missed it.

"You slut! I'm obsessed with you!" Jade said putting a hand to her mouth to hide her laugh, "Holy shit. It must've been good."