chapter thirty six

Lily

Jeremy steps out from his car, looking as deliciously handsome as he could be. Black shirt sleeves rolled up to forearms, black pants clad to his long legs and oh those killer shades on his face. I gulp at the sight. God forgot that there were other men on the planet, why Jeremy was the most handsome among all of them, made sense now. Even wearing all black by blending in the evening sky, he was the most gorgeous looking creature walking on this small planet.

He walks closer to me, removes his shades in a swift move and asks, "You ready to go?" I nod. We load my bag in the car and head towards the airport. The ride to the airport starts. I was biting on my lower lip, being enclosed in a smaller space with Jeremy had always been bad for my mental sanity and heart.

"For how long will you be gone?" he asks swivelling the wheel.

I look ahead on the road and answer, "a week or less but not more." He hums in response and shifts the gear. "There isn't much trouble is it?" came another question from him. This makes me turn my head to him and answer, "Nope, she just needs a helping hand there, not much."

Why would I tell Jeremy that it ache so bad, watching Hannah here, plus I needed to tell Nonna that Hannah has been found and that she is safer than ever. I needed some time from here, a week was not going to be enough for me but the space for clearly thinking would be much appreciated by my malfunctioning brain.

"How is Hannah doing?"

He laughs, "My dad is on his toes, spoiling Hannah to fullest. They are planning to take her to Disneyland. Probably, Julie and Aaron will join them too."

I give a mindless nod, "That's good."

"Lizzie?" I hum, looking ahead.

"Do you want to discuss on the thing I told you the other day?"

I frown, "What?"

"Hannah's custody."

I have been thinking and joining all the dots of my life, lately. There was a smaller conclusion yet it was there. With the threat from Chad Sanders looming over my head, I would be a fool to ask for Hannah's custody. She was safer at Langfords' place rather than being with me, plus Chad should not know that she is Millie's daughter. God knows what he'd do if he were to find out about Millie having a daughter.

"I don't think I am eligible for that in the eyes of court. Plus she likes your family and looks rather happier than ever. I wouldn't want to see her tearful face if I take her custody. Let her live the way she wants."

"Maybe someday we will tell her the truth", he declares. I nod.

The ride fell silent. We were at the airport in the next few minutes. I get off the car and pick up my bag with Jeremy's help who had put his shades on. I frown, "its night, why are you wearing shades?" not that it was problematic but a billionaire wearing black shades at almost full night sky would make him look dumb.

"I don't want anyone to recognize me and start asking me shit. I am here for you, not for them."

Ahh, made sense though! Being famous had its own disadvantages, like freedom being questionable.

Adjusting the straps I sling my shoulder bag across and was about to take the suitcase handle when I watch Jeremy taking a hold of the same. "I can carry, you know?" I say. He nods adjusting the handle, "I know you can, now let's get moving" he says extending a hand. I place my hand in his and he locks his fingers across.

We walk in, hand in hand. My nerves were on fucking fire, turned into ashes and being blown away by wind. The butterflies in my belly were going wild; they were high on something after I gave my hand to Jeremy.