chapter twenty eight

A dark silhouette appears at the door. He shivers. There creeps up an unknown chill down his spine. He knew his end was coming but he didn't expect it to be from his own son's hands. He didn't knew that for a few dollars he'd drink his own father's blood but here he was standing at the door with a sinister smirk on his face.

The man gulps. He anticipated the conversation that was about to begin the moment his eyes fell on the headline on the front page of the business section of the national newspaper.

Is the golden bachelor of the business industry having eyes on his Personal Assistant? Jeremy Nicholas Langford seen rushing his possible lady love to the hospital. Read more about the business industry tycoon and his PA inside the article.

Usually the business industry people were scared of the second name 'Langford', but it wasn't the scene in this case. Lily, he thought clenching his jaw hard.

The man was broken out from his lost state when the other man at the door, his son walks in. He slams the paper on the table in front of him, "Is it true?" he asks. The man in the question nods.

"You have a bastard out there who is worth million dollars?" his son speaks, suddenly sounding happier than ever.

Chad Sanders nods.

Chad may not be man enough to accept the fact that he'd cheat on his wife and never treated his daughters fairly but the new news of his pending relation with Lily Pierce had been haunting him since he saw Lily in New York's street a few years back.

He couldn't believe his eyes because in them she died. The police and firemen never found that Lily Pierce survived the fire that had been lighted in her house, a pure intention to kill her with her elder sister at instance leaving no trace of crime. 

What he didn't know was that it took a 67 year old British tea sipping and fluffy lady to erase the records of Lily.

After the first spotting, he had kept a close eye on her from shadows afraid to face the truth. The truth that Lily was a spitting image of his wife, her mother- the ray of sunshine, the brightest twinkling star in the darkest of the sky, the most beautiful and loudest howling vixen on a full moon knight and a unicorn- a rarest sighting ever.

All those years he'd been in love with Gemma Pierce came rushing to his mind, drowning him in the ocean of his own treachery and adultery. He couldn't decide whether Lily made his heart hurt by the reminders of his wife or whether he hated her for carrying her mother's facial features.

The actual and the dark side of this coin was that Chad had never acknowledged Lily to be his second born, to him Lily never existed. To him Lily was the reason his now dead wife refused to divorce him in first place, halting his plans to move out from London and settle in New York with his mistress.

Years of hard work-according to him- sneaking behind and meeting his mistress trying to keep his young heart occupied behind his wife-who was raising their 2 daughters- went down some drain.

Chad hadn't waited any longer, leaving a wife and 2 daughters behind. Never once did he call them or be a father he was truly meant to be. Millie was in fact an apple of his eye but he'd been blinded by the fantasy of living with a young mistress instead of a beautiful family of four.

With Lily's name splashed in newspapers, everything was coming for him to bite in his ass, harder than ever. He was a man too proud to be feeling shame or guilt. In his eyes, Lily being alive was his key to freedom, from his mistress turned wife and those annoying kids.

All he had to do is play nice in her eyes and get a small signature from her, which was all.

But the egoistic bastard he was, there were not going to be easier ways where he'd just walk to her and ask her to lend him a small signature on a worthless piece of paper. He had devised a master plan a long time ago and was waiting for a moment where he'd catch Lily at her most vulnerable state.

Little did he know that there was a blue-eyed, 6 feet tall hurdle in his way.

He was an idiot to think that he'd devise a plan just like that and sneak upon Lily because his son or one can say Lily's half-brother had some other plans brewing up in his head as well.

Noah Sanders unknowingly discovered the papers Chad had been hiding for so long and now he was going to go after her. He knew the truth of Chad's adultery and was going to put a very good use of it, turning the tables on him. As per his plan, if everything goes in his favour then he was going to live the best life with a little smart and labour work and he was gearing up to go heights for the same and Chad's relation with Lily and his foul, deceiving mouth was going to help him achieve the success of the plan.     

Lily was an easy target, Noah thought.

He'd be a fool to underestimate a certain someone's power yet his head was running a blue print of his plan.

The father and son pair was sitting in front of each other, confronting each other over the truth about the relation between Lily Pierce and Chad Sanders.

Both of them had plans involving Lily, separate yet her life was at stake.

Sanders were gearing up thinking that it was time for them to make their first move.

Little did they knew that destiny had plans for all 3 of them and a certain CEO unaware about the threat looming over Lily was shielding her from them.