chapter twenty four

Lily

Jeremy looked like he saw some rare species of Poke Mon. He went mute all of a sudden. Sometimes I like to believe God forgot to add some emotions in Jeremy but when he opens his mouth my belief goes down some fucking drain.

My sudden outburst to go shopping, exploring and experiencing street food was the result of PMS, probably. I wasn't sure but my pre-period cramps justified it which was another reason I wasn't exactly able to snatch myself some good sleep.

The dress was pretty, shade of dark red with golden embroidery. I had draped the dupatta as Mira showed me. I think I made a new friend here. We started out friendship on Taylor Swift especially when she said 'Reputation' was her favourite album. Also as per her suggestions I bought the matching earrings that were golden in colour and a little heavy on my ear lobes.

Jeremy blinks once, opens and closes his mouth like some fish gasping for air in the middle of an ocean, deep inside water. I snap my fingers once and he blinks furiously, snapping out of his lost state. He clears his throat, "You... umm..." his sudden stammering was making me a little paranoid because if the Jeremy Nicholas Langford is looking for his words then what happens to those poor creatures around him.

Ahh fuck it! The silence between us was wrecking my nerves. I snap my fingers again and ask, "Anything wrong?" He shakes his head as quickly as he could and takes a step in my direction. My heart hammers inside my chest no doubt it took me a few more minutes to realize that he looked hot as hell in that black kurta with white pants.

Fuck you, Jeremy!

He looks down at me like he'd never saw me. It was the first time he'd laid his eyes on me and that took his world running and twirling in circles. His gaze as soft as the clear blue water on a warm afternoon of a super chilly winter season drowning me into the very same ocean of his blue eyes and making it impossible to reach the surface.

My breath gets locked in my throat when he raises his hand and grasps my chin. "You look stunning", he whispers. To say Jeremy just told me 'You look stunning', my past self would have concussion. My ears just couldn't believe they heard those words and my brain refused to process the sensory signals received.

My senses were still pinching each other. I blink once and scramble my brain for a witty response. I smile, jutting my chin up in his hands, "then I must be because if something or someone has caught Jeremy Nicholas Langford's eyes then it has to be special."

He smiles, the dimples pop out to their fullest and the corner of his eyes crinkling; he closes his eyes once and opens them again. It was like the red moon showing up in a midnight sky, rarest fucking sight ever.

"You were always special to me."

His statement unfurled a thousand fucking butterflies in my stomach. Never in my life would I imagine Jeremy saying things like this. Maybe he had some major brain issues and needed to be checked because last I knew we irritate each other with our mere presence, talk about knowing what goes in other's life. It could be a possibility that he hated me with a special kind of determination, making me special in the ways of hatred but his earlier compliment didn't match my hypothesis.

"How so?" I ask, having no clue on how suddenly I was so brave to discuss my existence in Jeremy's life. This fucker was too handsome for someone like me and it kinda hurt.

"You detest me to an extent that tests the limits of my patience and I admire you for that."

This handsome idiot, I swear to God. His wit was unmatched because he has the ability to disguise a taunt as a compliment and vice versa. His eyes told me that he meant what he said, that I do make him test his patience which was making me feel victorious.