"what the hell is wrong with you?" i laugh, resting my head on her stomach.

"i don't wanna hear it" she huffs, "one time you had a dream that you wet the bed and asked me if you could borrow laundry detergent to clean the-"

"okay, yes, i remember" i glare, watching juliet hide her smile with her hand over her mouth.

suddenly, my door swings open and pip is trudging back into my room.

"how'd it go?" i ask, sitting up.

she sighs and leans against the wall, then slides down to the floor. "painful. but anyways, back to you and asher."

i watch pip's eyes flicker to juliet, and by the look on her face, i can tell she's somehow just now realizing she's awake.

"what about him?" i ask nonchalantly.

"oh, yeah!" juliet chimes, "you haven't given an update in awhile. have you guys kissed yet?"

i continue looking at pip, and a small smirk grows on her face.

okay, fine... fine.

"we have" i answer, finally looking at juliet. "a couple times."

she smiles even brighter and leans forward.

"this is exactly what i've been waiting for!"

it... what?

i completely turn my body towards juliet, and pip does the same.

"huh?"

"i live for romance" she chuckles, "i've wanted you two to kiss from the beginning, but it was fun to see how dedicated you could be."

my eyes fully widen, "you are a psychopath."

"okay, just listen. why else do you think i mentioned that kissing is fine?" she smiles, "i wanted you to get it over with if you hadn't already."

"that's not what-"

"you haven't had sex with him, right?"

and of course pip's eyes snap to me.

"no, i haven't" i answer half-truthfully. "why? is that something you were secretly hoping would happen as well?"

juliet purses her lips and lays back, avoiding eye contact.

"technically no, but if you're at the point that sex would mean more than just some hook up, i guess i won't mind" she answers, staring at the ceiling. "i'm starting to feel like a cock block."

it honestly takes everything in me to hold back a laugh, just because it's funny hearing 'cock block' come out of juliet's mouth.

"you aren't a cock block" i chuckle, "i'm the one that made the promise. but if you're fine with me breaking that promise, i'm-"

"god, just FUCK ALREADY" pip groans, smacking her head against the wall stressfully.

she has such a way with words.

as usual, our conversation gets cut off by a knock on my door.

"can someone wake up ash?" jack's voice speaks from the hallway. "he'd probably try to fight me if i did it, and he doesn't hit girls... so i need one of you."

did literally everyone take a nap?

i stand up and walk over to open my door. i'm greeted with jack looking up at me from the floor like an excited puppy, and he quickly stands up.

"i got it, go chill with jules and pip."

he smiles happily and immediately walks around me to let himself in.