Self-Defence

A/N : Ooh, two updates in one day?? Spoiled brats /jkjk. Anywho~ CAPTION THIS IMAGE !

TW : Su1c1d3 mentions ! GORE ! I'll mention when it's about ta start n' when it ends for y'all. Stay safe, simps.

JOHNNY'S POV

I was curled up against a log, listening to Ponyboy rant about Cherry. I started rocking back and forth, thinking about the Socs and how they might come back. I was thinking about how they might hurt me or Y/N, or Ponyboy or Dally. I started to think about my parents and how they wouldn't care.

TW : Su1c1d3

"I-" I started, my voice cracking as tears welled in my eyes, stinging. "I can't t-take much m-more of this. I- I'll kill myself or s-something." Ponyboy crawled over to me and wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my back.

"Don't like that, Johnnycake," he said slowly. "You can't kill yerself. The gang'd be lost without ya. Y/N needs ya, ya know that. Who knows what she'd do if we lost ya. She loves ya more than all of us combined." I knew that he meant she loved me as a friend, but I still felt that tingle of warmth. She loved me? But Ponyboy was right. I couldn't just leave her. Or any of them.

TW ENDS HERE ! <3 *ps ily*

"I-I've got to do s-somethin'. Seems-s like there's gotta b-be some place with-without g-greasers er So-Socs." I took a deep breath as Ponyboy closed his eyes beside me. "There must be s-som place . . . with j-just ordinary, plain p-peop-people."

We fell asleep and I started dreaming of Y/N. She was beautiful, as always, standing in a golden light. She was smiling down at me. She reached her hand out, her flowing hair dancing around her. I wanted to take her hand, but I couldn't move. Suddenly, the light shifted to red and the Soc with the rings appeared behind her.

He grabbed her neck and started beating her with his fists, his rings, as she screamed out in pain, calling for me. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. I just stood there as this angel got beat until she was on the verge of death.

I woke up, Y/N's screams fading off into the distance. Pony was asleep next to me, snoring soundly. He looked younger when he was asleep. But then again, so did Y/N, so maybe it was everyone. I put my hand on his shoulder and shook him.

"H-hey, Pony, wake up."

He scrunched his eyes and looked around. "What time issit?"

"I d-dunno, I went ta sle-ta sleep, too. You better go ho-home. Imma stay-stay all night out here. Ain't nobody g-gonna care anyway." I stretched my arms and yawned. Pony stood up.

"If ya get cold, come over to my house. Y/N might be there, ya know how her mom gets sometimes." I nodded. He ran off and left me alone.

I was half-asleep, curled up under some old newspapers, the breeze blowing them about. Suddenly Ponyboy was grabbing me and pulling me up. "C'mon, Johnny, we're runnin' away." I didn't say anything. I just ran with him, barely asking about what happened.

We stopped at a park with a fountain and a climbing area for kids. It was raining a bit. We climbed to the top of the jungle gym. Pony started to let out a few shaky tears. I put my arm around him, like he had done for me. "Take it easy. It'll b-be alri-alright. J-just relax a min-minute."

"G-got a cigarette? I'm scared, man." I shook my head. I didn't carry cigarettes around with me anymore, knowing they scared Y/N.

"Do-don't be, m-man, yer sc-scarin' me. Wh-what happened?" Pony started to explain that Darry'd hit him. That's when the Mustang drove up. "Look what's coming," he mumbled. I paled, I could feel the blood leave my face.

"Aren't these the greasers who tried to pick up our broads?" Bob - the one with the rings - yelled. "Randy, we should teach 'em a lesson."

I forced my voice. "N-now, y-you're outta y-your terri-territory. Better w-watch it!"

"No, you better watch it," Randy hissed. "You know what greasers are? White trash with long, greasy hair!"

"You know what a Soc is?" Pony snapped back.

"What?"

TW : GORE ! (if you need to, just skip this part. I'll put a summary at the end of this chapter for you. Stay safe.)

"White trash with Mustangs and madras." The Socs charged us. I don't remember what happened next. Before I had time to think, I was sitting next to the fountain, my switchblade bloodied and in my hand. In front of me, Bob's body was laying on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding him.

Ponyboy slowly opened his eyes. He looked from me to the Soc. "I killed him," I said slowly, trembling. "I killed that boy."

"Johnny . . ."

"I killed him."

"Johnny, I think imma be sick."

"G-go ahead," I mumbled. "I won't look at ya." Pony swayed over to the side of the fountain and vomited. When he returned, he was staring at Bob. "You really did kill him, huh, Johnny."

I hesitated. "Yeah." My voice was quivering. "I had t-to. They were drownin' ya, Pony. They woulda killed ya." I looked up when a sharp gasp broke the air and the deep smell of iron. Y/N was standing there, her big, beautiful eyes wide. She locked eyes with me then shifted her gaze to the dead boy. I stood up, ready to explain, and she noticed the switchblade, still bloody in my hand. She stepped back and ran.

Summary of the gore parts for those who couldn't read it :

Johnny unalives Bob, no suprise there, and Y/N found them. She got scared and ran off.

A/N : Yoooooooooooo. Johnny don't take shit from no one. Girlboss. Anywho~

-Stay Gold