Chapter 28

As I prepared myself to hang out, I summoned my gauntlet and thought of something, Sans did said that Ancient Power was a mash-up of all existing magic. So is there a magic who can create things ? I tried to create something, like a glass, but I didn't do it, I was unable to. Maybe I can ask for help, I thought that Sans could help me a lot more. But since David would be with us, I thought that I could ask Sans later. Or maybe today David could know, after all, I felt like him and Frisk is closer than before. 

I took my keys and texted David and he could come at my house to go there together. He texted me back with 'Check at your door'. Which was funny and creepy at the same time. I opened my door to see David, waiting for me. "Damn dude, how you got here that fast ?" I asked as his house was not the closest one. "Fast as fuck boy." He said, I laughed and I got out, closing my door and locked it as we made our way towards the Dreemurr's house.

"So, David, wanna date Frisk ?" I asked bluntly, I like to get to the point. "I mean, yeah I like her, but are you sure she likes me as well ?" David said, I had the impression to see me before I dated Chara. "I'm totally sure bro. Ask her out." I just said, smiling at him. He deserves happiness, and it was some sort of pay back for everything he's done for me. "Thanks Y/N, you're the best." He said, I smiled as I ruffled his hair a little. "That's what brothers do." I said. I could feel like life will be worth living from now.

I knocked at their door, as I expected, Frisk was the one who opened it. She smiled at us and blushed a little when she saw David. "Come in, don't stand here." She said as she let us in. When I entered, I saw Sans and Asriel talking, and Chara listening. "They're talking about some training. Asriel wants Sans to traim him, and asked Chara if she wanted to join." Frisk explained, I nodded as I made my way towards them. "You never know, training always benefits you." Asriel said at Chara, he seemed to make Chara said yes. "I mean, Asriel is right, Red." I said, surprising the three of them. Asriel was surprised, Sans was smiling a little more than usual, and Chara was smiling too. "Oh, hey. If I say yes, could you be with me ?" Chara asked, I mean, training could be useful. "Yeah, of course, I'd love to train too." I said, knowing that my previous plan was setting in place. "Then, we could get started now, don't you think ?" Sans asked us. I nodded. "At first, I think David and Frisk might need to talk privately." I said, looking at Frisk, she saw the look I gave her and nodded, signaling that she understood my hidden meaning. "What is he talking about ?" David said, as much as I don't want him to react like me, if he's going to date Frisk, he needed to know. "Something you should know." I said to him, he interpreted my words as 'time to confess', but it wasn't the case. "Okay, come with me please." Frisk said, taking his hand and leading him upstairs. As we heard a door being opened and closed. I looked at the three people. "I hope he won't react like me." I said, a little touch of sadness in my voice. Asriel got up and patted my shoulder. "You reacted like this because you found out by yourself. He'll find out by Frisk's mouth, that changes things." He said, he was right, I smiled at him. "Thanks, you're the goat." I said, smiling. "Ayyyyyyyy." Sans said, pointing fingers at me. I laughed as someone got the joke. "Please do not become like Sans." Asriel sighed. "I like to joke around, not all the time, don't worry." I said. "Well, let's get going, shall we ?" Chara said, preparing herself.

"Sans, attack me." I said as I summoned my gauntlet. "You sure ?" He asked me. "Come on, it's training, just attack me." I said, being sure of myself. "Okay then, don't say that I wanted to hurt you." He said, summoning a bone and launched it at me. I wanted to absorb the attack to analyze it and maybe I could copy it. Once the bone was close enough, I dodged it by the side and took the bone in my hand, it hurt a little, but it was clearly manageable. I focused on my power to absorb it, and it worked ! "First try baby !" I said, getting excited. "Bone attack, made by Sans, using his power of creation and the magic in the atmosphere." I said, I did not expected to say that. "What was that ?" Chara asked. Asriel and Sans was surprised too. "I absorbed it, and somehow, I saw and learned the properties of the attack. Like a transfer of information." I said, this time I was sure what was in my head. "The projects did not rewired my brain. They put some sort of ... machine." I said, feeling my head spinning. I shook my head and the spinning was gone. "You got some magic database in your brain ?" Sans said. "Seems like it, try an another one." I said to Sans, he nodded and launched me a blue bone, I caught it and it burned my hand, I absorbed it and its information was 'uploaded'. "Blue bone, made by Sans, blue attacks doesn't hurt if the target don't move." I said, feeling my brain getting 'updated'. "That's fucking cool." I said as I was stunned by that feature. "You are really interesting to say the least. Try making one bone now." Sans said, seemed like he wanted to help me discover my power. I nodded and I focused. I thought of a bone in my hand, feeling the form, the magic needed, and instinctively, I snapped my fingers, and a bone appeared in my hand. "And I thought only skeleton monsters could do it." Sans laughed. I laughed as I stroke in the air with the bone. It wasn't heavy, but I felt like it was taking magic to keep it up. I snapped my fingers and I saw the bone despawning. "Frist time creating something, how does it feels ?" Chara asked me, I looked at her to see excitement for me, I looked to her right and Asriel had the same expression. "Feels weird, I'm happy but it's exhausting." I said, as I felt a little tired. "That's normal, since you didn't used magic before, even if you got some crazy power who can re-create any magic you absorb. You still need to work on your magic consumption." Sans said, I nodded. "Will do, sir." I said as I took a breath. "Didn't know you could do that." I heard David's voice, I looked at him and saw him holding Frisk's hand.

"So that's why you were sick huh ?" David said, approaching me. "She told you ?" I asked him. "Yes, she told me about RESET and all, at first it felt like a joke, but after she told me how you reacted and apologized. I knew that it was real." He said, hugging me. I was a little surprised, but still, I hugged him back. "I hope that you didn't reacted like me." I said, still thinking of yesterday. "Not at all, it was difficult to understand, but I didn't make the same mistake I did for you, and the one you did." David said, it's been a long time since he was this serious. "I still feel sorry for them, but now." I said, as I ended the hug. I looked at David right in the eyes. "Our job is to make them happy." I said, David nodded and shook my hand. "That's a given." David said. I looked at Frisk and I noticed she looked genuinely happy. "Frisk, could you make your MENU please." I said, she nodded and created her MENU. The RESET button had a lock on it. I approached the MENU and put my gauntlet on the RESET, and as the same thing as last time, a menu opened only for me to see. 

[MODIFY CONSTRAINS ?] Yes

[TELL YOUR CHANGES] Frisk can RESET if Asriel, Chara, Sans, David AND I are dead.

[APPLYING CHANGES ?] Yes.

[CONSTRAINS MODIFIED, CLOSING MENU]

I felt, once again, the jolt of pain in my soul, it was sudden, but clearly bearable. "I only added David to the constrains." I explained. "Why now ? You could do it yesterday." Frisk asked me. "I can't put people who doesn't know about RESET, and I didn't want to put David if you weren't serious with him." I said the last part quietly, like that only Frisk could hear it. "I am serious with David, we got a date tomorrow." She said, blushing a little. I smiled. "That's awesome." I said as I turned to look at David. "Atta boy !" I yelled, ruffling his hair once again. 

*

**

*

21:45. We did some training and Sans and Asriel made me absorb some of their magic attack, if what I've concluded earlier, my 'programs' should save them and I could use them later, I wondered if I could absorb some human magic too. I could try with the help of Chara. I was really tired as it was the first time I trained magically, I could feel that it took a toll on my body. I'm not used to it after all.

I'll train harder, to protect the ones I love.