Chapter 12

Mom and Toriel were cooking, Asgore helped them a little, and Frisk, Chara, Asriel and I were chilling on the couch and the chair just near it, I decided to sit on the chair, Frisk and Chara could sit near their brother like that. "How was the meeting by the way ?" Frisk asked. "Urg, please don't tell me about it." Asriel said, a little grumpy. "It couldn't be that bad, right ?" Frisk said. "No, but you do know, 90% of the persons there are cool with monsters and are willing to give us rights. But the 10% left is always some racist dudes who's yelling because we shouldn't have more rights that human." Asriel said, I just laughed a little, which caused the three of them to look at me. "What's funny ?" Chara asked, a little angry. "Just because monsters wants to be fully included in society, some humans tries to deny your freedom. It's ridiculous." I said, explaining my point of view. "Oh, yeah, you're right." Chara said, her eyes apologizing to me. I just nodded it off to tell her it was alright. "After all, you deserve freedom more than anyone right now." I finished, it made the siblings smile. "Thank you Y/N, that's kind of you." Asriel said. "Don't mention it, it's just pure logic." I said, smiling a little. "Some people doesn't possess the same logic as you, unfortunately." Asriel sadly sighed. "If I can give you a tip, since I don't know nothing about politics. Just be smarter than those racists who can't make 1+1. After all, you are smarter." I said, only to find Asriel smiling brightly. "Thanks Y/N !" He thanked me. "As I said, you're very welcome."

"Children, M/N and I will go to the store, M/N wants to cook something but I don't have the ingredients needed, Asgore will stay here." Toriel said, I nodded as I basically knew what they will make. "Okay Mom !" Asriel said, Chara and Frisk nodded. As soon as Toriel and mom closed the door, Asgore looked at me. "Y/N, what kind of soul do you have ?" He asked, I knew basic knowledge of souls. "Sorry, I never checked for sure, how can I know ?" I asked. Chara beamed of excitement a little. "Do you even know how to do magic ?" Frisk asked. "I never checked as well." I truthfully responded. "Well, do you want to find out ?" Asgore asked. "I mean, it won't hurt, so why not." I smiled a little, what will my soul be.

"Okay, so to know one person's soul, they need to enter a fight with a monster, but that can only be applied if the person used their soul or their magic before." Asgore started, I listened carefully. "Since you don't know how to, you need to just figure it out." He finished, that was anti-climatic. "Figure it out ?" I asked. "To simply put it, you will need to form something with your magic." Chara said, bringing out a knife. "Wow, neat knife." I said, she smiled and made it disappear. "Think of something who fits you well." She said, walking around me. I closed my eyes. Something who fits me well ? Let's see, I want to protect my close one, but I want to fight back as much as I can too. I am not sure that using any kind of swords will fit me, so I'll pass up on that. Oh, I know ! I gathered all of my focus on my arms, shaping the forms of my future weapons, feeling their weight, their forms, their presence. "Y/N, you did it !" Chara yelled in glee. I opened my eyes to see a red shield and a red gauntlet, interesting. "Why you choose that ... odd pair of equipment ?" Frisk said. "As you know, I'm fairly good in close-combat, but I also want to protect, hence the gauntlet and the shield." I said, smiling proudly. I slightly punched my shield with my gauntlet, making metal clashing sound, neat. "So, you do have a Determination soul, interesting, the same as Frisk and Chara." Asriel said as I de-spawned my gauntlet and shield. They nodded as I certainly had a questionable look, so they showed me their soul, both red one, Chara had a darker shade of red, compared to Frisk. But I feel like it's fitting with their persona-

"REBOOT HIM !"

I held my head as a sudden headache came with those words. Again. What was that ? "Y/N !" I heard Chara yelled my name, I grunted but with the headache came a buzzing sound, which amplified my pain. "Are you okay ?" She asked, putting her hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, and weirdly enough, the headache was gone, as well as the buzzing sound. "Yeah I'm good, it must've been my magic, too sudden for my body maybe." I said. "Yes, the first time a person uses magic, it can provoke an undesirable reaction. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier." Asgore apologized. "Don't worry, it's just a headache, it's gone now." I said, putting my hand on Chara's. "Don't worry, I'm good." I said to Chara, she blushed a little because of the touch, but she nodded nonetheless. "Come on, let's get inside and rest before dinner, I'm sure Toriel and M/N will cook something delicious !" Asgore exclaimed.

We were chilling in the living room as Asgore watered the various kinds of plants in their garden, seems like he's passionate about flowers, it's kinda cute to be honest. But I heard laughs behind the doors, so I assumed the mothers were back. "We're back, children." Toriel said, I was right. "What did you get ?" Asriel asked, putting his head on the top of the couch. "We got meat and tomatoes, I said to your mom that I will cook one of my favorite meal." Mom said, smiling warmly. "Oh boy, I knew you would go with that." I said smiling as the mother duo put everything in place. "Of course, it's my way to say thanks to this very kind family." Mom said, smiling. I looked at Chara, and she was already looking at me. "Told you you would eat that dish one day." I said, smiling at her. She smiled back at me. I couldn't help to blush before the raw cuteness before my eyes.

*

"Thanks for this meal M/N, you are a really good cook !" Toriel said as we prepared to go home. "All the pleasure is mine, Toriel, your pies was really delicious too." Mom said. "We'll see you soon enough I hope." Toriel said, smiling. "It would be great, just message me or Y/N." Mom responded, she did gave her phone number to Toriel. "Well, we'll go home now, good night to you all !" M/N said, walking through the door as I finished to put my shoes back. As I stood up, I cracked my back a little, feels good. And I saw Chara walking towards me, blushing. "I'll see you tomorrow, i-if you still want to." She said, shyly. I laughed a little before patting her head a little. "Of course Red, I want to." I said, smiling at her, she launched herself for a hug, and I hugged back with no time. "That's great to hear." She said, her voice muffled with my t-shirt. "Text me when you get home, okay ?" She said, ending the hug. "Will do Red, see you tomorrow." I said as I walked towards M/N, who was waiting for me. "See you tomorrow, N/N." She said as she closed the door behind me.

"I didn't know my son had a girlfriend that beautiful." Mom said, teasing me on the way home. "Come on, she isn't my girlfriend mom." I said, feeling my face getting hot. "So you tell me you hug girls who aren't your girlfriend, scandalous~" She teased me even more. "No, I only hugged her. That's it." I said, looking at the ground. "You must be quick, with her being really gorgeous, it will be a matter of time before someone will be interested into her." She said, teasing even more. "M-Mom !" I yelled. "I knew it ! You are crushing on Chara !" She yelled too, victorious. "Even if I am, I fairly certain she sees me as a friend, only a friend." I said, giving up to her. "Don't be that dumb Y/N, she has affection for you, she was worried about you when you were hurt. And her eyes when she looks at you, they light up as if you're her light !" She said, each words she said made me blush even more. "Son, don't reject your emotions." She finished as she unlocked our home. "W-Well, we do have a meet-up tomorrow, the two of us." I said, but I regretted saying it the moment my mom dropped her bag on the floor. "THAT'S YOUR TIME Y/N!" She yelled. "Don't yell please." I said, feeling a little tired. "Tomorrow, bring out your best cloth for her, and be yourself." She said, picking her bag up. "I will stop teasing you, and I'll go to sleep. Goodnight, son." She said as she walked at her room. "Goodnight, mom." I said as I walked up to my room.