Chapter 7

Y/N's POV.

6:40, Wednesday, or another day at school, yay me. That's what I wanted to think, but now, it changed. I met Frisk, who's a girl who can laugh at anything and be friends with whoever she wants, it must be nice to be this social. Then, there's Chara, a girl who got called a demon on her first day here, I defended her and Frisk and she got assaulted, and now, Chara seems to open up to me, even more since yesterday night, I was surprised that she called me N/N, it felt ... nice, as if it was meant to be. 

Pfft, who am I kidding, I'm not a guy who believe in the 'happily ever-after' kinda stories, there's always ups and downs, sometime it can so so much higher than when it will go down, you'll feel like everything you worked hard on will disappear. One of the major reasons of why I wanted to be a loner, I don't want to deal with emotional damage, if there's one thing I learned, is that physical damage could hurt you up to the point where you'll not feel anymore, but emotional damage can't be stopped or healed, or just by yourself, and sometimes, you can't heal it just by thinking it will go away soon. It's quite the opposite, you'll never grow out of it if you think it'll just wear off, even if it's difficult, you must face it, that's the harsh but only way to surpass you emotional trauma.

While I was doing my inner phycological monologue, I just prepared myself for the day. I moved a little my left arm to see if my shoulder was hurting me, and it was not, Toriel really healed me as if nothing happened yesterday. Now that I think of it, if their group can go to such length, who can I protect them without fighting back ?  I mean, I don't want them to find out about that, so it will be complicated. But to be honest, I feel like if they know, somehow, about that, then I'll face it and tell them about that. David might be right after all, they might know the truth one day, I just hope that it will not be soon.

*

7:14. Currently waiting for Chara and Frisk to show up, yes, I know. I'm in advance, but it doesn't hurt to wait and chill. Should I send a message to Chara ? I don't want to be weird and send a message right now, after all I'll see her in the next minutes, I can wait. What is happening to me ? Since when I wanted to talk to someone as badly as now ? As I wondered my current state, I felt my phone vibrate. I decided to check why since I was doing pretty much nothing. 

<Hey Y/N, mom wants you to come at the house, she wants to see if you're in good shape for school today.>
7:15

Welp, doctor's orders.

<Hey Red, okay fine, I'll come>
<If I remember the road, it's been a while>
7:15

I smiled at my little joke and I started to go towards the Dreemurr house. I check my phone if she responded, which she did, with a laughing emoji, I didn't know she was the type of person who used emojis, you learn everyday as they say.

"Hey Y/N, I see you are in good shape. Chara and Frisk are still getting dressed, you can wait for them inside." Toriel said, welcoming me in the house. "Hello Toriel, yes, your healing is incredible, once again, thank you for your kindness." I said, bowing a little and entering the house. "Oh please, no need to bow, it's been a long time since someone bowed to me." She said, laughing a little. Wait. "If I can ask that question, What do you mean by 'it's been a while' ?" I asked, I know some monsters are quite old, can she be that old ? "They never told you ? I was the Queen back when we, monsters, were underground." She explained. She was the QUEEN ? "Oh, I didn't know that, sorry ma'am." I apologized, even if she wasn't the queen of my species, I nonetheless need to show her some respect. "As I said, drop the formalities, now I'm just Toriel, not a queen anymore." She said, laughing. It does make sense, she's formal in all her sentences. Does that mean ... ? "Wait, so Chara and Frisk are princesses ?!" I asked, and yelled at the same time. "Ahah, by extension, yes they were at a time, now Frisk is just the ambassador of the monsters." She said, what the well ! This family is crushed by responsibilities. I feel like I'm not supposed to be here now. Impostor syndrome much ?

As I waited a little on the couch, Toriel proposed to me a glass of water, I kindly told her that I wasn't thirsty, but thanked her anyway. Now that I'm not in a position when my shoulder isn't hurting, I could appreciate how the house was neatly decorated. There was some flowers, neatly dimmed rooms, the kitchen was nice to look at, and the TV, wow. Must've cost a lot to get one like that, but since Frisk was the ambassador of monsters and Toriel the ancient queen, they were probably wealthy. Good for them, after all, they deserved it. "Mom, is Y/N here yet ?!" I heard Chara yelled, from her room, which was upstairs. "Come see by yourself my child!" Toriel yelled back, and then looked at me and smiled, I smiled back and got up from the couch. One minute later, Chara and Frisk got out from their rooms, and walked down the stairs. "Hey Y/N." Frisk said, Chara waved at me. "Hey you two, how are ya ?" I asked, waving back at Chara. "We're good, and you, are you better ?" Chara asked, she did asked two times yesterday, she probably wanted for sure that I was good. "Yeah, no injuries left, thanks to your mother." I said, smiling at them. "Are you ready ?" I asked the sisters. "Yeah, we can go." Frisk said. "Goodbye Toriel, and thanks again !" I said to her. "It's my pleasure, Y/N, now go, you don't want to be late." Toriel said, smiling. "See you later mom !" The sisters yelled together at the door. "Good luck with your day children !" Toriel said, which Chara and Frisk replied with a 'yeah !'