Collector x Dead Reader

Solitude, The Friend Of A Liar

TW: Mentions of murder, blood?

This is set during the Day of Unity right before Belos rids himself of the Collector. This is also shorter than I wanted it to be and there's probably a few spelling mistakes :( Enjoy regardless. <3

~~~~~~~~~~

Solitude, the only feeling he felt as the days went by. No cheer, no laughter, only the dreaded feeling of being alone. A feeling they could never get rid of now. Not like they could.

He watched as your frozen form, in stone stood near the place they were imprisoned. Even if you were close you were too far out of his reach. He felt humiliated as they looked at your form. Presented like a trophy of some sort. Left to rot away with no signs of life. 

The young boy floated in the air as they watched your broken statue form. It was the closest thing they had to being with you. The closest he could ever get in his prison. It was a hypnotic state that could only remind him of his hatred. 

Speaking of hatred...

Belos had made his way into the room. It was piled with bodies of previous Golden guards, the only thing other than the Collector was your frozen form. A proud smirk crept onto his face. "I see you find the decor to be enjoyable." Belos taunted the poor kid with no mercy. "I did warn you, they fell out of line and we all know what happens to witches that are a bit too... wild."

The Collector refused to face the man, shame engulfed the small boy as the feeling of tears pricking at his eyes plagued him. He was going to cry

Cry.

Cry.

Cry.

That's all he could ever do. 

Cry. 

Like the little crybaby, he was. 

Ever since the day of your petrification, he couldn't do anything else. 

Cry. 

Like the kid he truly was.

Cry.

Like the liar he was.

Liar...

LIAR!

LIAR!

LIAR!

LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!

HE WAS A LIAR!

EVERYTHING WAS HIS FAULT!

IF HE NEVER HAD LET YOU TAKE THE BLAME THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD STILL BE HERE!

IF HE WASN'T SUCH A LIAR THEN NOTHING WOULD'VE CHANGED!

...

Maybe you'd still be here...

Maybe... you'd be building your classic fort together...

Maybe...

...

You could... forgive him,

That is probably the stupidest thought ever. Why would you forgive him?

You had every right to hate him. He would cry and complain and yell and throw tantrums and steal and lie and annoy you. You had no reason to even stay with a crybaby like him in the first place. With a liar like him.