On the way to Emile's, a man paused to glare at Virgil, and Aslov stood protectively in front of him. "Eulises, he is here under my supervision. You will not harm him." Aslov stated, holding his head up proudly. Eulises rolled his eyes and smirked, suddenly seeming much less intimidating as he reached out to pat Aslov's head. "Sure thing, Assy." Eulises teased.

     "I told you not to call me that." Aslov reminded him firmly. "But it's funny when you get angry." Eulises taunted, his eyes glowing a little in amusement. "I... I am not angry. I don't get angry." Aslov corrected. "Right..." Eulises sighed. He looked at Aslov in concern for a moment before shaking off the feeling. He then gave Virgil a warning look, chuckling when Virgil shrank a little under his gaze. "Good luck with that." He muttered before walking away.

     "Is that Roman's brother?" Virgil questioned, causing Aslov to turn towards Virgil in confusion. "Brother?" He asked. "Yeah, the God of Anger? He's Emotion's kid, right?" Virgil explained. "I'd hardly call Emotions his parent, nor would I call Roman his brother." Aslov answered as he began to walk up the ramp. "Why not?" Virgil questioned. "You 'larger Gods', as we call you, really know how to take an inch and make it a mile, don't you?" Aslov scoffed.

     "You want to get to know Janus more. He allows it, but says not to push further. You push further, and he allows it, but says not to push further than that. So on so forth, and now you've even been allowed here of all places, and you're even breaking the rules with that. What, are you going to ask us to parade through your domain's next? Or vice versa?" Aslov ranted a little as they walked together up the ramp. "To be honest, I don't get it. Why does Janus have to keep you all secret? You're safe here regardless, aren't you? Thomas's Mom made it safe here for us." Virgil pointed out.

     "We aren't powerful enough to maintain our own domains. We were able to choose a God to speak for us, to decide how we'd be protected, how we'd be lead. Janus was chosen, and so we live in hiding. That is simply the way it is." Aslov answered. "Might I remind you, before you ask for more information, that you aren't supposed to be asking us questions." Aslov then added sharply. "Why not? We aren't going to get you guys sold out." Virgil questioned. "Not all of the Gods are safe for you, and if we hurt you, the Titans hurt us." Aslov explained. "Like Eulises." Virgil muttered, remembering Roman's glowing orange eyes, his fight with Remus, the guys that looked like they belonged to some kind of cult.

     Aslov didn't respond to that. He simply knocked on Emile's door before disappearing.

***

     Janus headed down to the mortal realm, appearing in an empty alleyway. He stepped into the streets of the town Patton was in, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a beautiful small town in Japan. He watched some children playing in a park across the street, and smiled sort of sadly. He knew human lives were by no means simple... but gosh they seemed that way from a distance... Especially when one was immortal, and had to endure the world's complexity for a much longer time.

     Janus sighed and walked down the street, wearing a disguise that made him appear more human. Still, many stopped and stared due to the eccentric suit he wore, and the bouquet he carried. He tried his best to ignore them as he arrived at a small tea shop, where Patton was humming softly as he looked through boxes of tea bags.

     "Hello, my beloved." Janus greeted, wrapping one arm around Patton's waist while using the other to hand him the bouquet. Patton gasped in surprise, accepting the bouquet with a giddy smile. He spun around to face Janus, and giggled as Janus placed a kiss on his forehead. "Now, what might you be doing here?" Janus asked, glancing curious at the teas behind Patton. "Oh, I was hoping to get ideas for..." Patton began before pausing. "Ideas for?" Janus inquired, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing! It's a surprise!" Patton told him before giggling and pausing to smell the flowers.