Chapter | 20

Depuis le début

I decided to ignore his last comment as I walked over to him placing my hand on his shoulder, "Mm I don't know man, I think you're just worried I'm one upping you."

He gave me a scowl of his own, quickly shrugging my hand off his shoulder. "Shut up." he mumbled, taking a seat on my bed, pouting.

"Okay-" Sophi said, clapping her hands, reminding me of her presence. I honestly forgot she was still here, "as nice as it is to hear your guys' banter I think it's time for me to leave."

I rolled my eyes at her. "You know you secretly love it."

"Yeah." Grayson agreed, already giving up on the whole pouting thing. "We're like your free entertainment."

My sister rolled her eyes back at us, a small laugh escaping her lips. "Okay, so maybe I do find you two slightly entertaining." she admitted.

"Ah-ha, got you!" I said, plopping down on my bed next to Grayson.

"Yeah-yeah." Sophi said, making her way towards my door. "Anyway let me know if you need my help with anything." she said, reaching for the doorknob before quickly turning around and adding, "Oh, and in my opinion you look great."

This earned a huff of annoyance from Grayson as he flopped down onto his back, mumbling something about how neither of us knew anything about how to dress for a date.

"Thanks." I said, ignoring Grayson.

"No problem. I love you. Have fun tonight!" She said, closing my door.

"I love you too, and don't worry, I will." I yelled back as the door clicked shut.

I blew out a breath of air as I turned back around to face Grayson, who looked my outfit over one more time before raising a brow and asking, "You're really going to wear that?"

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, turning around to take a glance at my appearance in my full sized mirror. "Yes, Grayson, I'm really going to wear this."

I heard him let out a sigh of annoyance. "Well, I tried my best. Don't blame me if things don't work out between you too." he said, scrolling through his phone absentmindedly.

I just rolled my eyes at him, for like the fourth time in the past 10 minutes. Gosh, he could be annoying sometimes. In all honesty, I didn't care what he said. Nothing was going to ruin this night, or our relationship in general if I could help it.

When I was with Lindsay everything in me felt at peace. It was like all the anxiety that normally weighed down on my shoulders just magically became lighter, and any worries that were racing around in my head were silenced. She was like a dream that you didn't want to end, or that thought that you couldn't get out of your head.

Lindsay was my person and I'd be damned if I ever let her go.

*******

"You ready to go?" Matthew yelled up
the stairs an hour later.

Grayson had given up and accepted my "poor" fashion choices, but had said, "I hope your date goes well, but if it doesn't don't tell me I didn't warn you." before he left. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror, satisfied with my appearance, I headed downstairs.

Matthew was standing in the kitchen, looking at something on his phone, while both Sophi and Nicole sat at the table. However, when I walked in everyone's eyes were suddenly on me. After a few awkward seconds I forced a nervous laugh, "What?" I asked as I took in the 3 pairs of eyes that were staring me down and they're stupid, matching grins.