"But that's all right," said Theo and arched his brow. "Right?" 

Theo knew Rose was in a better place with the Malfoys although it has only been a few months. It was clear that Rose's anger had been the thing holding her back while it had also been the Malfoys imperative need to get to know her against her will. 

"It's all good now. I swear," said Rose and wrapped her arms around Theo's shoulders. "But now you need to go because I have to get ready."

"Fine," said Theo but before he left the room, he kissed his bride to be.

Once Theo was gone, May and Ellen came into the room to help Rose. May did Rose's hair since over the years, it's been proven that Ellen was no good in that department. So Ellen was in charge of paining Rose's nails although the girl could've easily done it herself. 

"Is Narcissa sure she doesn't want to help you get ready?" Ellen asked and glanced at her daughter.

Rose nodded. "She said she wants this to be a happy day. If she's here, she will completely fall apart. It was her idea to stay out of the way. She will be at the ceremony though. Also, she thought that this should be something between us, since I grew up with you and not her."

"That woman is confusing," grimaced Ellen. 

"I know," Rose chuckled. 

She was a little upset that Narcissa wanted to stay out of the way but Rose appreciate it ― the thought was sweet. How Narcissa didn't want to ruin the day by making it sad when Rose wanted to be a celebration, a party really. 

Lucius was not too eager to see his only daughter to get married at such a young age but he couldn't really say anything because he had married Narcissa at much younger age. 

"Listen Rosie..." said May while braiding some of Rose's hair into a braid. "Mimi and I, we talked and we have something we would like to ask you. Now you are free to say no to this and this has nothing to do with us not wanting to do it but how would feel if you ask Lucius and Narcissa to walk you down the aisle?" 

Rose was surprised by the question. She knew it had nothing to do with her mothers not wanting to do so and she understood why they felt like Lucius and Narcissa should do it. It might help them to finally move on and accept that the past cannot be changed. But the future and the present can be changed, and they could be a part of it.

It was so strange to think that some time ago, Rose didn't want them into her life but now she really did. 

"Wait really?" Rose asked.

Ellen nodded. "We've had so many great memories with you. Your first smile, words and steps. First day of kindergarten and school. Your first boyfriend and the day you started Cambridge. And they have none, not really so I think giving them this will help them."

Rose sighed with a soft smile. "And you wouldn't mind? Because I would love for you to walk me down that aisle but I do think it's something they should get to do." 

"We're sure," said May.

"Then I would like to ask them," Rose said. "I think it's something they need."

"Of course," Ellen smiled.

Once Ellen and May finished helping Rose, they left the room to look for Lucius and Narcissa while Rose stayed behind.