041.

────── ✾ ────── 

february 2004

 ────── ✾ ────── 

After many hours of cursing, Rose had to give up and go to see the Malfoys. Her mothers had called her after their little luncheon with Narcissa and sternly told their daughter to suck it up for one afternoon and go to see the messed up family. They didn't want Rose to go running back to the Malfoys for many reasons but they didn't want her to ice them out completely either. 

It wasn't fair.

Rose had a plan ― she was going to see the Malfoys and that was it. She wasn't going to have a heart to heart with them nor was she going to feel bad for them. 

Theo was surprised to hear that Rose was going to see the Malfoys after everything. He felt slightly bad for the Malfoys ― Rose was going to put on a hell of a fight. Theo offered to take Rose to Wiltshire since she didn't want to spend her whole day traveling but she didn't know how to Apparate either. 

Against her better judgement, Rose agreed to Apparation. She regretted it the very second ― it felt horrible. Like she had been swallowed by a tornado and then spat out of it by some dragon or wale.

Oh boy did she hate magic.

Though she hated magic, she had to admit it was quite convenient ― you got to travel from one place to another within seconds. She didn't like it but it was convenient ― one moment they had been in Cambridge and now they were standing in front of the Malfoy Manor. 

The big old building which was suppose to be Rose's childhood home but yet it had somehow ended up being Theo's. 

"You okay?" Theo asked, remembering the first time he had used Apparation.

Rose shurgged. "I don't know but I am definitely not going to make this my number one transportation."

Theo grinned and pressed a kiss on Rose's temple. 

"It will be fine," Theo muttered against Rose's skin.

"I wouldn't be sure of that," said Rose bitterly.

If he was being honest, Theo was nervous for the Mafoys. Rose was a very sweet and nice girl, when she wanted to be one but if she decided to be mean, she was going to be mean. He was slightly worried what Rose might say to them, how she was going to act. But then again, it wasn't his problem.

"Can't you stay?" Rose asked, turning to look at Theo and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

Theo wanted to stay but he knew he has to say no. The meeting was going to be just immediate family ― no grandparents or foster sons and honestly, Theo was terrified to see the Malfoys now. He knew the family well and knew how protective they were of one another which made him think that his relationship with Rose was probably not something they enjoyed at the moment. The tables have turned and now he was the boy dating their daughter, Draco's sister.