050.

────── ✾ ────── 

may 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

Rose moved her arm to Theo's side of the bed, hoping to find her fiancé there but when she couldn't feel him, she opened her eyes and did not see Theo. She sighed and turned to check the time. It was five past nine and normally Rose would be getting ready for a class but she had none today. 

She took a shower, had breakfast and three cups of coffee. For some reason she felt very restless and anxious ― she did not know why. Ever since coming back to Cambridge, Rose has drowned herself to school work just that she won't think about the Malfoys and up until now, it has worked. But now that she didn't have anything to do, she couldn't help but think about them.

Theo had seen Draco a couple weeks ago ― or more specifically Draco had come to see Theo. According to Theo it had been awkward for several reasons, one being the fact that Draco had asked if Rose might change her mind. 

But she wasn't going to. She had decided that much. 

Rose brushed teeth and did her hair for the day. Theo was going to be working the whole day and Inez's day was full of classes which meant that Rose was going to spend the day by herself. 

She didn't have anything special she wanted to do other than go out for groceries and maybe cook something. She smiled to herself, those were such mundane things to do and she was happy about it ― she didn't need any drama or magic in her life to feel good.

But what she did need was a good old drive. There was a nice book shop out of Cambridge and normally Rose wouldn't just take off and go there but she needed to keep her mind busy. 

So she picked up the phone and called for any car rental near by and for her luck, there was one just some blocks away. She then made a quick call in hopes to reach Theo but he did not pick up the public phone at his work. Instead of calling and calling, Rose left him a note stating that she was gone for the day and should be back later on.

Rose took what she needed for the day and soon left the flat.

The almost summer air was warm and soft against her skin and Rose just knew the day was going to be a fine one. She had no reasons to expected otherwise and was actually quite happy with her decision to take a nice long car ride.

The book shop was in Bristol which was about three hours away and while some might think that going all the way there for a book shop was stupid and quite frankly waste of time, Rose did not think so. 

Rose picked up the car and was soon on the road. One of her favorite things to do was to drive. She liked the feeling of freedom she gets whenever she's driving and now freedom was the feeling she has missed the most.