012.

────── ✾ ────── 

january 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

The ice was glimmering with the sun, the air around them was cold and briskly, but the warmth filling Rosemary's heart made her forget about the coldness around her. Rose has always loved winter ― it made everything so beautiful with its powdery snow and clear skies of light blue or dark starry nights.

Christmas passed by, and Rose and Inez were ice skating by the lake where they swim during summer times. They had their skates on, mittens warming their hands and scarfs around their necks to make sure they won't get sick.

Like everything Rose does, she was good at ice skating. She grew up doing it every winter. Her Mima taught her to skate ― May used to be quite the good skater herself back in her youth. 

"So he wrote to Theo?" Inez asked while skating around Rose.

"Yep just before Christmas. He got the address from Theo, apparently. When Theo wrote to Draco, he gave him our address here in case Draco wanted to write while Theo was here," Rose explained and stopped skating.

"I'm honestly surprised that he even answered," Rose continued. "And he wants to see Theo again. So there will be another nice reunion once we get to England."

Inez grimaced and followed Rose to the bench by the lake where their thermos of hot chocolate was.

"That suck," Inez said.

Rose hummed while pouring herself and Inez cups of hot chocolate.

"I'm not loving either but I promised to be supportive. Plus it's only fair, Theo spends all of his time with us and he should spend some time with the people he grew up with."

"Look at you being all grown up," Inez laughed, earning an eye roll from Rose.

"Yes well it is a new year new me kind of situation," smirked Rose and took a good sip of her hot chocolate. "I just wish that the most important person from his past wouldn't be such an arse. Oh, and I really hope that I won't have to meet Draco's family, they sound like total snobs."

Inez clicked her tongue. "Mmm though I would love to see you having dinner with them. With fancy clothes and hair, talking like some aristocrat."

The blonde woman rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that would be fun."

"Oh and you could a little magic trick on them, just imagine their faces," Inez chuckled at the picture of her imagination. "You know you could snap your fingers and make them turn into ducks."

"Ducks? I think I would turn them or at least Draco, into a ferret. I think it would suit him," Rose grinned widely. "But this brilliant plan of yours isn't going to work because I won't show anyone my magic. I don't want Theo to know..."