011.

────── ✾ ────── 

december 2002

────── ✾ ────── 

There weren't enough words to describe how happy Rosemary was to be back in Fjällbacka. She has missed the place more than she ever has which might be a result of all the Draco drama. Rose really wanted to let it go ― it annoyed her how much she let Draco bother her.  But she had promised herself that she won't worry about the blonde boy now that she was back home. She wanted to just enjoy her holiday with her family and closest friends. 

The second Rose got to Fjällbacka, she couldn't help but smile. The snow, the beauty and the peace brought her so much happiness. Everything was so normal and quiet in Fjällbacka. She has missed that.

Rose was happily sitting by the breakfast table, listening her mothers rambling about Christmas which was only a few days away. May was panicking about what to bake or how much she should bake ― she was famous for baking too much ― but no one ever complained. 

May's bakings were famous in Fjällbacka. When the first warm summer days graces them, she would bake tons of treats which she would give to neighbors and friends.

"I tried to get the hold of Mr Kane but I couldn't," said Ellen when she sat by the table with a fresh cup of coffee.

"Can't say that I'm surprise," Rose said but she bear no hard feelings towards Mr Kane.

A loud bang startled both Rose and Ellen.

"May!" Sighed Ellen.

"Sorry sorry," said May and picked up the pan she had dropped just few seconds ago. "You have never really asked Mr Kane to come and visit though. Why the sudden need?" May asked.

Rose shrugged. "Well you know, he has never met Theo and I thought they should meet. Mr Kane is like a grandfather figure kind of a person to me. Theo ought to meet him."

"Oh don't bully the poor boy," chuckled May while taking a kettle from the stove. "Theodore has enough to handle when it comes to Jacob. Let's not add Kane into it as well."

"But I'm sure Mr Kane would like Theo," Rose.

May rolled her eyes just to tease her daughter. 

"Speaking of Theodore, where is he?" Asked Ellen.

"He woke up early and went to help uncle Jacob with the tree," Rose explained Theo's absence. 

Ever since Rose can remember, Jacob has marched into the woods to get a Christmas tree a few days before actual Christmas. Then he would bring it to Rose's home where she and the rest of her family decorates it. Jacob didn't live with Rose and her mothers but he lived just next to them ― which meant that he spends every Christmas with them.