042.

────── ✾ ────── 

february 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

Theo didn't ask any questions until he had safely Apparated them back to Cambridge and to their apartment with Rose. For some reason Theo had expected for Rose to tell him what had happened the second they got home but Rose ran to their room and slammed the door after her.  Theo didn't think twice but followed Rose. 

He knew that many things could have gone wrong with the Malfoys but he didn't except to hear from Rose nearly thirty minutes after he had left Rose at the manor. She had called him, rambling hysterically some nonsense Theo couldn't make sense of Rose but he picked her up immediately.

When Theo entered the bedroom, Rose was in their bed, screaming against her pillow. 

"What happened?" Theo asked and sat on the bed.

Rose muttered something against her pillow.

"What?" Theo asked again when he couldn't make any senes of Rose's words.

"This sucks!" Rose cried and lifted her face from the pillow. "This whole thing sucks so bad!"

Theo sighed and laid down next to Rose. "They were that horrible?" 

"Actually no. They were not horrible, once I had made Narcissa cry because I was so mean to her... but they weren't horrible and when they asked me to forget about the past, I was able to see them as humans who had lost a child. Not just a child but a baby."

"Oh..." Theo said ― he was surprised to hear this. He had honestly thought that Rose was never going to be alright with these people.

"But it still doesn't mean that I want this. I mean, my entire life I believed I would never meet them. And I liked it because I knew that it was going to confuse me," explained Rose. "She was suppose to be dead and he was suppose to be an arse, I would like to stick with that story instead of the sob story."

Theo didn't know what to say ― this entire time he has been acting like a fool who has no right words. He felt quite useless honestly and he hasn't felt like that since he left home and his abusive father. 

"I ran..." Rose mumbled. "I told them I was going to the bathroom but instead I just left."

"Okay," said Theo and rubbed the back of his neck. "That's ummm..."

"Bad. That's bad," sighed Rose. 

Theo grimaced ― he had ran away years ago just like that. He had said he was going to his room in the manor but instead, he went to his father's home before leaving for good.