028.

────── ✾ ────── 

september 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

Draco was a snitch, a snitch who had leaked Theo and Rose's address to his friends ― Rose was only glad that he hadn't said it to his parents. Rose was honestly surprised that Draco even remember where she lived. The only time he had visited her was almost a year ago when he was drunk. It wasn't just his and his friends' surprise visit that annoyed her but that it was her birthday.

Never, not even once, had Rose thought that she will spend her birthday with Draco Malfoy.

Rose liked Astoria and Daphne who were with Draco but she wasn't that close with the two girls that she would spend her day with them, and with Blaise whom she didn't know at all. 

"What the hell are you doing here, Draco?" Rose asked from the threshold.

Draco, Astoria, Daphne and Blaise were all standing just outside Rose and Theo's apartment. Draco was grinning widely like he was there just to annoy her ― which he was. 

"I thought we could spend the day together. All of us," he said. 

"Why on Earth would I want to spend my day with you?" She asked before turning to Astoria and Daphne. "No offense to you."

Daphne just smiled. "None taken."

Draco scoffed a little. "Come now, we had fun in Sweden."

"Just because I didn't absolutely hate you back then doesn't mean that I want to spend my birthday with you," said Rose bitterly.

"And yet here I am. Let's have a party, huh?" Smirked Draco.

Rose narrowed her eyes ― spending her birthday with Draco Malfoy was not in her to do list. Watching rewinds of Friends, drinking cheap wine, bourbon and home made margaritas and puzzles with Theo and Inez were on her to do list. 

She had the whole day planned and now Draco was standing by the threshold of her apartment with his girlfriend and friends. 

"It's your birthday?" Asked Daphne with a wide smile. "Happy birthday!"

Daphne was perky ― very perky and smiley. 

Rose smiled a little awkwardly. She liked Daphne, she thought she was great but she wasn't close with her. 

"Thanks," said Rose before turning to look at Draco once again, her face all serious now. "Seriously Malfoy, get lost."

"Is Theo here?" Asked Draco as he completely ignored Rose's words. 

Rose grimaced. "No, he's not."

"Where is he?"

"What is this? Hundred questions?" Rose frowned.