Chapter 7 A Good Night's Sleep

Choi Do-il's face was red, he was flustered by his own words. Injoo was stunned. "What did you say?", She barely could speak.

"Ummm...I have a lot of unpacking to do, meet you at dinner.", Do-il turned back in a hurry, went to his room and locked the door.

"Waaa! This man is impressive. What suddenly got into him? Is he drunk? But he was sober. What to do now? Do I have to answer him? Why am I blabbering so much?", Injoo sat on her bed, cold sweats were all over her face and neck.

Meanwhile, Do-il closed the door and was panting. It was not easy to look into her eyes and confess. He never did this before in his life.

"Aah! Really, did I screw up? She looked so shocked. What if she only saw me as a colleague? What if she rejects me? Wait! Why am I acting like this?", he murmured.
His throat went dry due to the tension, so he went to the kitchen to drink some water.

"Do-il ssi!", Injoo called him.

Do-il turned back, "Yes Injoo ssi", he said nervously.

"After a devastating divorce, I never thought I would start over again. When I met you for the first time, I thought you are really handsome. But slowly I started accepting the fact that you are helping me only for the money. So, I started seeing you in that light. You know, like a friend"

Do-il was sure now that she is going to reject him, so he interrupted her and said, "Injoo ssi, it's ok if you don't feel the same for me. I respect your decision, but I will wait for you."

"Let me finish Do-il ssi", Injoo scrunched her eyebrows.

"Oh, I am...I am sorry Injoo ssi. Please go ahead", he smiled warmly.

"But the more I see you, your heroism, bravery and kindness, I like you more. The more I talk to you, I get awed by your intelligence Do-il ssi. I don't know if I deserve you or not, but if you truly like me for who and how I am, I am ready to take a step ahead with you.", Injoo rested her case. And this time she didn't look away but straight into his eyes. The moments they spent together were flashing back in her mind.

Do-il took a moment to process what she implied and then walked towards her, kept the water bottle on the kitchen counter, held her face and kissed her on the lips. Passionately!

Next Morning
Injoo woke up panicky, and found Do-il beside her, fast asleep. The man looked sexier, and his handsomeness increased 5 times. Injoo's heart was racing, she kept on staring at a sleeping Do-il.

She was going to touch his face, so she lifted her hand slowly and moved it towards his lips. And that's when Do-il opened his eyes.

"What are you doing?", he asked.
Injoo batted her eyelids faster and moved her hand away.

"Nothing, there was a fly on your face. It's gone now", she said.

Do-il pulled her towards him and said, "You wanted to touch my face?"
Injoo shook her head and denied.

"You little liar.", Do-il squeezed her cheek and smiled.

A flustered Injoo, almost ran away from the bed and locked herself in the bathroom. She was suddenly feeling like a teenager getting caught by her crush.
She lookd in the mirror and thought, "Good things are happening to me now. Finally!" and sighed.

A sudden knock on the bathroom door startled her.

"Injoo ssi, Inkyung is calling you.", Do-il said.

Injoo came out of the washroom and received the call.

"Yeah Inkyungah! What's up?", Injoo asked.

"I am coming in fjve. Open the door", Inkyung said and hung up.

"She called to say this? She could have just rung the doorbell.", Injoo murmured.

"She asked to keep the door open?", Do-il asked with suspicion.

Injoo nodded.

Do-il went towards the door, opened it and stood behind it hiding.

"Why are you taking a position?",Injoo asked.

Do-il kept finger on his lips and told her to keep quiet.

Injoo, being confused, stood there nonchalantly.

Inkyung and Jongho and two other men entered with a huge packaging with them.

Jongho saw Do-il standing in a fighting position.

"Woah! Hyung! You scared me. Is something wrong?", he asked.

"No, I thought somebody's going to attack. So I.... Aah! Nevermind", Do-il pursed his lips.

"Inkyungah! What is this?",Injoo asked.

"Gift, from me and Jongho. Housewarming gift.", she smiled.

It was a sofa set, complimenting the beautiful walls of the living room.

"Awww Inkyungah! This is too beautiful. Thank you and you too Jonghoya! Thank you so much", Injoo cried happy tears.

Inkyung hugged her sister and said, "I really miss Inhye right now"

Jongho looked at Do-il who was looking at Injoo with pride. He nudged him and whispered, "You are glowing Hyung! Did something happen?", with a wink.

Do-il smirked and said, "Injoo ssi had a good sleep last night, after a long time"

Jongho immediately uderstood but pretended not to and replied with, "Aaa! All with your help Hyung. You are the best", and showed him two thumbs up.

Do-il chuckled and blushed at the same time.

They set the sofa and decided to go out for some brunch.

"Inkyungah, I want to tell you something", Injoo pinched her arm while Jongho and Do-il were walking ahead of them.

"Yeah Unnie! Tell me"

"We are dating", Injoo whispered in a sweet way, like a child.

"Who? You? With whom?", Inkyung asked. For the first time Inkyung was clueless.

"Me and Do-il ssi", Injoo chuckled lightly.

"Omo! What??!??", Inkyung screamed in the middled of the street. Everyone around her started noticing.

Injoo looked around herself, Jongho and Do-il also stopped midway.

"Yaa! Why are you shouting? Keep walking", Injoo clenched her teeth and said. She even signalled the boys to keep walking.

"How did this happen Unnie? See, I told you that he likes you", Inkyung was giggling.

"Yeah! Stop now! Lets have the brunch first. Later I will tell you everything.", Injoo giggled too.

*****to be contd*****