Chapter 2 "Who is this man?"

A new morning in her new apartment, Injoo woke up, actually she never slept. Flashbacks came rushing in whenever she was trying to close her eyes. Won Sang-ah's scream, the acidic smell of the room, Hwayoung unni's burnt face. All came towards her together. She was traumatised.

Injoo sat on her bed, looking out from tge window. Han river was flowing peacefully without caring about anyone.

"Unni, shall I make breakfast?", Inkyung came from behind.

"Uh? You already woke up? It's 6 am only. Go and sleep some more. I will prepare the breakfast.", Injoo said.

Inkyung came towards Injoo and sat beside her.

"I know you couldn't sleep last night and it is not because of changing places. Unni, it's all over now. Give yourself a chance and move on with your life. Hm?", Inkyung wanted Injoo to finally live the life she always dreamt of.

"Hmm, I am moving on. I will find a job soon. Now that I have money that doesn't mean I shouldn't work. Hahaha", Injoo suppressed her sadness behind the laughter.

"Yes unni, find a job, get married, have children. And yes, be happy", Inkyung hugged her sister tightly.

"Let's go and make some Omurice. Ok?", Injoo said looking at her sister.

Inkyung nodded with a smile.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll check it.", Inkyung went to open the door.

It was Choi Do-il. Holding a suitcase, with a smile on his face.

"Uh? You?", Inkyung was shocked when Do-il signaled her to keep quiet.

He slowly came inside the house and stood near the sofa watching Injoo cook.

"Who is it Inkyung-ah?", Injoo just asked without looking back.

Do-il quietly came near her, standing at her back.

When Injoo didn't get any answer from Inkyung she turned back.

"Ahh! You????", Injoo had the ladle in her hand and she was holding it like a stick. Her eyes widened and mouth was in the shape of 'O'.

Do-il smiled brightly.

"Injoo ssi? How have you been?", he asked.

"What are you doing here? You were in Greece right?", Injoo asked, still shocked to death.

"Yes, but I came back to Korea.", Do-il said.

"Why? Is everything alright?", Injoo asked.

"Unni, let him breathe first. Why are you charging him like that? Do-il ssi, let me take you to the guest room, freshen up and have Omurice with us. Ok?", Inkyung cursed Injoo with her eyes and took Do-il to the guest room.

"Do-il ssi, is everything ok? Inhye, hyorin, your mother?", Inkyung asked in low voice.

"Hmm Inkyung ssi, Inhye and Hyorin are planning to move to Chicago next week to join Art school. And my mom is in hospital care. I had some work here in Korea, so I came back.", Do-il smiled.

"Aaa, ok. Good to see you back. Freshen up, ok? Tell me if you need something.", Inkyung said and left the room.

"How did he know the address?", Injoo asked Inkyung when she came back to the kitchen.

"He is Choi Do-il. Nothing is impossible for him. Unni, stop worrying so much. He had some work left here. That's why he came back.", Inkyung sat on the chair near the kitchen counter munching on a carrot slice.

After 10 mins Do-il came out of his room, and sat on the dining table with the two sisters.

"Hi Injoo ssi", he cheekily said.

"Annyeong Do-il ssi.", Injoo avoided eye contact, did not smile, but gave him his share of omurice.

"Are you angry with me?", Do-il bent down his head to look at Injoo's eyes.

"No. I mean.. why didn't you tell me that you are going to meet Inhye and Hyorin while we were at the airport? I would have gone with you then!", Injoo almost cried from frustration.

"I asked you to come with me, you denied.", Do-il softly said.

"You didn't mention Inhye and Hyorin. It seems like ages that I have seen those girls. I miss them on a daily basis. It was your.....basic duty to tell me that you are going to meet them", she said as it seemed like a banter.

Inkyung was listening quietly and enjoyed Do-il's lovely gaze towards Injoo.

"I am sorry Injoo ssi. I just wanted to surprise you.", Do-il scrunched his nose while begging mercy from her.

Inkyung burst into laughter, she said, "Why are you guys fighting over such a petty thing? I mean Unni, come on. You should have gone with him in the first place."

"I was broke then", Injoo suddenly lowered her voice in guilt and started eating.

"Inhye will come to meet you, don't worry. But I came here for something else. Did your mom contact you since yesterday?", Do-il said.

"No, we blocked her.", both the sisters said it together.

Do-il looked confused.

"Omma was spamming our family group. So we blocked her. Why?", Inkyung said.

Do-il took out his phone and showed them a picture.

"Is this your mother?", Do-il asked.

"Yes, where is she? This is not Phillipines, where is this place?", Injoo panicked seeing the picture. Inkyung was trying to focus at the photo, hence she was quiet.

"She told us she will have a world tour with Appa, but what is this?", Injoo took the phone from Do-il and zoomed the pic.

"The background have Chinese letters, so probably it's China. But this is not Appa. Who is this man?", Inkyung asked Do-il indicating the man standing beside her mom in the picture.

"An influential mafia Mr. Roger Kwon. I know his face because I saw him meeting Park Jae-Sang 6 years ago.", said Do-il

"Where did you get this photo from?", Injoo asked, her voice was trembling.

"It's a cropped photograph. They were actually seen together in an inaugral function where my friend was also present. Coincidentally, they were included in this picture.", Do-il said.

Though his words not completely trustworthy, Injoo decided to still trust him.

"Inkyung-ah, call Omma. Right now!", Injoo's eyes were fiery.

Inkyung dialled her number without delay.

"Hello, Omma? Where are you?", Inkyung asked her.

"I am in Shanghai, with your Appa. Why?", her mom spoke from the other side of the phone.

Inkyung signalled with her eyes to Injoo and Do-il about her whereabouts.

"Appa is with you? How's he doing?", Inkyung asked.

"You never ask about your dad. What happened? Is anything wrong?", her mom asked.

"No, no. Just wanted to know..."

"He is fine, I am hanging up. I am unable to hear you properly", she hung up.

Inkyung kept the phone on the table and looked at Injoo, "She avoided me, at least she tried. Appa is not there with her. Unni I am worried now.", Inkyung said, as her throat went dry from all the stress.

"Roger Kwon was a close associate with Park Jae-sang, and seeing your mom with him is surely worrisome.", Do-il insisted.

"Should we go?", Inkyung asked

"Ahhh! Seriously! What is this new situation now? I am so pissed off that I'm feeling like crying", Injoo was tired of all these adventures.

Do-il held her hand and said, "Injoo ssi, trust me. Everything's gonna be fine".

*****I hope you liked today's chapter...please vote*****