"No, not directly at least. They just keep talking about all the things they've missed and they keep saying they wish time could stop. So I wouldn't keep growing up while they miss the things they never got with me," Rose explained. "But it doesn't mean things have been bad. They've been great but there's still reality and they did miss everything. I don't honestly feel horrible about that because I have you, but it's different to them."

Ellen took her daughter's hand. "I love that you decided to give them a chance. You seem so much happier and as for this, don't let them bother you. It might a shock to them at first and they might even say things they don't mean but they will be happy for you because they know you love Theo and that he loves you more than anything in this world. They know he makes you happy. That's what parents want for their children, for them to be happy and be with the people who make them happy."

With those words in her mind, Rose left the kitchen to get ready to what could be one of the most awkward family dinners ever ― and she has been in many of those.

Two hours went by faster than ever and soon Rose heard her mothers calling for her, informing her that the Malfoys and others were there. Rose took one more look at herself before leaving her room.

When Rose descended the stairs between her home's two floors, she immediately spotted her biological family. It was strange nowadays because she actually didn't want to run to other direction when she sees them ― she used to want to do that just months ago. Seeing them was also a little bittersweet now that they were all in the room where Rose had turned them down months ago.

Rose waved a bit awkwardly at her biological family, this was also the first time both of Rose's families been in the same room since she changed her mind.

"Hi," she said.

"Hello darling," Narcissa smiled brightly and walked over to her daughter and hugged her.

Hugging Rose was no longer anything new but it was wonderful. Narcissa loved having her daughter in her arms and was determined to make up for all those years of not getting to do so.

"How are you Rose?" Druella asked with a soft smile ― she had been very happy to hear about Rose's change of heart.

"I'm good thank you," Rose said while accepting a hug from Lucius too.

Cygnus nodded approvingly. "We're glad to hear that."

The family went outside where the long outside dining table was set. Everyone sat down, and Theo took his place next to Rose although he earned a stern glare from each of the males of the family. He never thought his relationship with the Malfoys would change but suddenly he was no longer just the boy they took in but their daughter's boyfriend.

At first they talked about normal things such as how everyone was doing, the weather and how nice it was that things were doing so well. It was almost impossible to believe that just a short time ago Rose couldn't be in the room with some of these people. Now she talked with them, laughed with them and she genuinely seemed happy to do this.

May and Ellen were proud of their girl ― she has come a long way to be where she was at this very moment. She was no longer angry or sad but happy, just the way she was suppose to be.

"So you are starting your last year of school after the summer, isn't that right?" Cygnus asked.

Rose nodded. "Yes. I'm actually quite happy about it. I love school and learning and all that but I've been in school ever since I was six years old. I think it's time to take a little break."

"Six?" Draco frowned.

"Yes, Draco. Since I was six. You see we don't start school at the age of eleven here in the real world," Rose grimaced.