20. What's Lost Will Be Found (Requested)

Hi there! This one shot was requested by Lilac_THAT_potato

Another thing to know about this one shot is that this was written for the best friend of the amazing person who requested this. Because of that, the reader will be described as a brunette with brown eyes. If that doesn't fit your description, then I'm sorry! I just wanted to follow the request's details as much as possible

I hope you enjoy! ❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genre: fluff, modern!au

Spoilers: none

Warnings: none
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n had a very adorable dog named Maddie, who she loved with all her heart. She was a very beautiful dog that showered Y/n with as much affection as a dog could provide, and Y/n would do the same to Maddie. These two were practically soulmates; destined by fate to be together for as long as they lived.

However, something had happened that changed everything. Maddie ran away from home.

Y/n searched everywhere for hours at a time, but nothing turned up. Maddie was nowhere to be found.

Currently, Y/n was scrolling through her phone on her bed, checking for any updates. She was worried sick and was praying that something didn't happen to her poor dog.

Around a minute later, she heard a quiet knock on her bedroom door.

"Who is it?" Y/n asked tiredly.

The door slowly creaked open and revealed Y/n's childhood friends, Lilac and Varian. They were both wearing warm clothes, due to the cold, fall weather outside.

"It's us, Y/n, and we heard about Maddie. Are you alright?" Lilac wondered.

Y/n slumped her shoulders and leaned against her pillow. "Not really."

Lilac and Varian shared a look before joining Y/n on the bed.

"We're really worried about you, Y/n," Varian began. "We want to help you find Maddie because we know how much she means to you."

Y/n sat up. "Really? You'll help me search?"

Lilac nodded. "Of course! Why wouldn't we help our best friend?"

"We can go look now," Varian offered. "I just have to be home before the sun sets."

Time Skip

"Maddie! Maddie, where are you?" Y/n called, her hands cupped around her mouth.

The three friends had been searching for around an hour, but there were still no signs of Maddie anywhere. Y/n was starting to lose hope. She sat down on a park bench and held her face in her hands.

Varian sat down beside her as Lilac continued to search the area.

"Are you ok, Y/n?" Varian asked. He placed a gentle hand on Y/n's delicate shoulder.

Varian examined Y/n carefully. Her normally soft, brunette locks were a disheveled mess, her pretty smile was replaced with a frown, and tears left her sparkling, brown eyes and down the sides of her adorable face. It made Varian's heart ache to see how much his best friend was in.

"N-no, I'm not ok," Y/n whimpered. "What if I never find Maddie? She means everything to me and she needs me! She'll die out there on her own and I--"

"Y/n, we'll find Maddie," Varian promised. "For now, I need you to calm down and take some deep breaths. I'm sure we'll find her before I have to go home."

Y/n followed Varian's instructions and took some deep breaths. Once calm, she wore a hopeful smile on her face.

"Thank you, Varian. You're the best."
Y/n wrapped her arms around Varian and they both melted in a warm and comforting embrace. Both teens could feel their hearts pounding out of their chests and their faces flushed a little.

"Hey, lovebirds, I think I found something!" Lilac interrupted.

Both Varian and Y/n blushed at the term "lovebirds".

"What did you find?" Y/n inquired.

"I found Maddie's collar," Lilac informed. "That means she must be close by."

"Really? We have to keep looking!" Y/n grabbed Varian's hand and dragged him along with her and Lilac.

The long search continued with very little results. Just when Y/n was about to give up for the day, Varian stopped her.

"Y/n, I promise you we'll find Maddie before the sun sets," Varian reassured. "Don't give up. We're getting close."

"I... I trust you, Varian. Let's keep going," Y/n agreed. She couldn't help but listen to Varian. His soothing amd promising words inspired her to keep moving forward.

Time Skip

"Do you think we'll find Maddie today?"

Lilac tilted her head. "What makes you say that?"

Y/n sighed and continued. "It's getting dark and the only clue we have is her collar. Why is Varian so insistent that we'll for sure find her today?"

Varian was ahead of the two girls and was using his tracking equipment to find Maddie. He was working really hard.

"He really likes you, Y/n," Lilac answered. "I mean, why else would he spend his time helping you find your dog? It's obvious he cares about you."

"He... likes me?" Y/n could feel herself blush.

"Yeah, ya big dummy!" Lilac lightly hit Y/n's shoulder. "Just let him keep searching. I have a feeling he's getting close. Besides, why are you even giving up now?"

Y/n smiled warmly. "You're right. I will keep looking! I can't let Maddie down!"

"Lilac, Y/n! I found her!" Varian's voice could be heard from several feet ahead of the girls.

They caught up to Varian.

"Where is she? Is she ok?" Y/n asked frantically.

Varian was kneeling beside a dumpster in an alleyway. He reached over and pulled Maddie out of the dumpster, who was covered in mud and trash.

"Maddie, you're ok!" Y/n snuggled her beloved dog lovingly. She turned to Varian. "Thank you, Varian."

She gave Varian a quick peck on the cheek, making the poor boy flush bright red.

"Y-you're welcome," Varian stuttered. "I was just doing what I thought was best."

"Let's get Maddie home now. She needs to take a bath," Y/n suggested.

"Sounds like a good plan to me!" Lilac agreed. "Let's go!"

As they three friends walked home, Varian and Y/n held hands while watching the beautiful crimson sunset right in front of their eyes.

Word Count: 1045

I'm sorry if this came out late or seems rushed! I've been so busy lately, and I wanted to get it done asap. I hope you all enjoyed the one shot!