18. Memes

Since the last one shot was very angsty, I decided to lighten the mood with a fluffy Modern!AU. I hope you all like it ❤️

Warnings: None

Genre: Modern!AU, Fluff

Spoilers: none

"Varian, omigosh! Why?!" Y/n chortled. 

Varian and Y/n were mixing random foods into the blender to make a gross smoothie, and Varian had just put an entire onion in it.

"What? You said it had to be gross. That's the whole point of the challenge," Varian jested.

"I didn't mean put an entire onion in it! That's disgusting!

"I can put whatever I want into this blender and nothing is going to stop me."

"Fine. I guess you won't mind if I pour allllll this hot sauce in it." Y/n lightly shook the hot sauce bottle to taunt Varian before dumping all of it into the blender.

"Ewww! What is wrong with you?" Varian gagged playfully.

"Nothing. I'm just doing what you said: making our smoothie gross," Y/n joked.

Time Skip

After mixing a lot of different ingredients into the mix, Varian placed the lid on the blender before Y/n turned it on. The blender roared to life, mixing everything together into a reddish-brown colored smoothie.

"Wow, it looks even more gross than I thought it would," Y/n cringed.

Varian was already one step ahead and poured some of it into two cups. "Let's play rock-paper-scissors and see who gets to drink it first."

"Rock, paper, scissors!" 

Varian threw Rock and Y/n threw Scissors.

"Dang it!" Y/n whinged.

"Ha, ha! You gotta drink it all," Varian laughed. He pressed Y/n's cup to her lips and wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Fine! I'll do it." Y/n grabbed the cup, grimaced at the sight of the smoothie, and hesitantly gulped it halfway before spitting it out. "Holy crap! It's spicy! Why'd I put in so much hot sauce?!"

Varian burst out laughing. 

"What's so funny?"

"Guess who's picture I took?" Varian held up his phone. There was a picture of Y/n spitting out the smoothie saved on it! "It's going to be the newest and most popular meme when I post it on our Instagram page."

Y/n gasped. "You wouldn't!"

"Oh, but I would."

Varian took off running across the house with Y/n following him close behind.

"I'M GONNA GET YOU!!" 

"Oh, no, you won't!" 

Varian made a wrong turn and found himself in the living room. The couch was in the way, unfortunately, making it difficult to escape Y/n's wrath. 

"HI-YAH!!" She tackled Varian onto the couch and reached for his phone. However, she couldn't reach it and Varian hit the "post" button.

"Too late," Varian smirked.

Y/n hit Varian's arm. "How dare you, V?! Everyone's gonna make fun of me!" 

"No they won't. It'll be ok. Plus, if anyone says anything mean about you, I'll tell them that you're beautiful and no one should mess with you because I love you," Varian promised.

Y/n chuckled. "I love you too, Varian."

Word Count: 465