09. Welcome To Hogwarts! (requested)

This was requested by precious_varian0324. I hope you enjoy!

If you look at the picture above, you can see the houses that the main four are in. You can choose your house!

F/c = favorite color
Y/h = your house

For Y/n, it was a normal day at Hogwarts. She was busy studying for the upcoming Potions quiz. Professor Snape had made it very clear that this quiz was very important was was worth half of each student's grade.

Y/n wasn't the most social person, so that made her time to study very easy, and she was ok with that. Being in the library with no one to bother her set the perfect studying environment. That often resulted in Y/n passing most of her assignments.

"Um... excuse me? Do you mind if I sit here with you?"

Y/n turned to look at the person who had just spoken to her. It was a Ravenclaw boy with jet-black hair (with a single strip of blue hair) and freckles.

Why would a cute boy like him want to sit with me? Y/n wondered. "Sure. I don't mind at all."

"Thank you." The boy sat down. "I'm Varian, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you." He held his hand out.

Y/n shook Varian's hand. "I'm Y/n. What brings you here?"

"O-oh, I just wanted to find someone to study with," Varian chuckled awkwardly. "None of the other Ravenclaws like me very much."

"How come? You seem like a really nice guy," Y/n questioned.

"I just...have the tendency to explode the occasional potion," Varian sighed. "Are you any good at Potions?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty good at it. Do you need any help?" Y/n offered.

"That'd be great! Thank you," Varian beamed.

"You know, maybe I can bring you outside and we can practice," Y/n suggested.

"That's a great idea. Let's go."

Time Skip

"That's how you brew an Amortentia potion," Y/n concluded.

"Wow, that's incredible!" Varian gasped. "What does it do?"

"Depending on the person, this potion smells like what that person finds attractive in another person. It's kind of like a love potion, but it doesn't create actual love," Y/n explained thoroughly. "You wanna try first?"

"Alright," Varian answered. He sniffed at the potion and blushed.

"What does it smell like?" Y/n asked.

"Vanilla, new books, and mint," Varian replied, his face was bright red. "You try."

Y/n took a whiff of the potion as well. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Well, what does it smell like to you?" Varian inquired.

"Quill ink, ham sandwiches, and... cologne," Y/n stated. She nervously glanced at Varian and Varian glanced at her. For what seemed like forever, Varian and Y/n had a feeling that they were thinking the same thing.

"Y/n, will you go out with me?" Varian blurted. When he realized what had just come out of his mouth, he covered his face with his hands to hide his blush.

"Y-yeah, I'd love to," Y/n stuttered. Crap! What did I just say? I like him but we just barely started talking to each other, right?

Varian looked up. "Really?"

Y/n nodded slowly.

"Hogsmeade tomorrow at noon?"

"Sounds good."

Time Skip

On her way to Hogmeade, Y/n couldn't help but be incredibly nervous. She knew that Varian existed before talking to him for the first time yesterday, but she wasn't sure if going out with him the day after she had met him was going to sound weird to other students. Y/n hoped that this date would go well with Varian because she really liked him and she couldn't afford to screw it up.

"Hey, Y/n!" Varian beckoned. He was wearing a blue hoodie and a pair or ripped jeans. "You look...amazing."

Y/n looked down at her f/c casual dress (if dresses aren't your thing, you can change it to something else if you'd like) and blushed. "Thank you. You look really great, too."

"Thanks." Varian grinned. "I was thinking that we'd go grab a Butterbeer and maybe go shopping afterwards. Does that sound ok?"

"Yep! That's perfect," Y/n gushed.

At The Three Broomsticks, Varian paid for two Butterbeers and the two got to know each other a bit better. After that, they went to go buy little trinkets in a nearby store.

"Aww, look at this little raccoon plushie, Varian!" Y/n squealed. "Didn't you say you have a raccoon?"

"It is cute," Varian chuckled.

"I can buy it for you if you want me to," Y/n offered eagerly.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Varian said.

"It's fine. I don't mind," Y/n smiled.

Time Skip

It was starting to get dark out, so Varian and Y/n decided to head back to Hogwarts.

"Hey, Y/n, today was amazing and I had a great time," Varian said softly.

"I did too. Thank you for asking me out," Y/n thanked.

"I got something for you," Varian added. He pulled out a necklace with a heart charm on it. The heart charm had a gem the color of y/h.

"It's beautiful! Thank you so much," Y/n bubbled. She leaned in and kissed Varian. Varian hesitated on shock but kissed back.

"D-does this mean we're... together now?" Varian asked.

"Of course, dummy!" Y/n giggled as she placed a kiss on Varian's cheek.

Word Count: 916

I loved writing this one! I like how fluffy I made it. I hope you all enjoyed it! 😊