55. Superstar Lisa In The House

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Jennie unnie?"

"What?" Jennie looks at Chaeyoung.

"You aren't going anywhere for the next ten months, right?"

"Why? Do you think that ten months are not enough for you to amputate my limbs?" Jennie fires back, still reeling from the younger's threat. Jisoo chokes on her juice at the sudden outburst, "Hey! Why do you say like that?" Jennie doesn't say anything but merely scoffs and continues sipping on the juice making Jisoo turn to the younger, "You did something, didn't you?"

Ten minutes pass as they all three stare down at each other.

At last, Chaeyoung smiles sheepishly, "Hehe..unnie, I just-"

"She threatened me!" Jennie glares accusingly at Rose. "And you get threatened?" Jisoo remakes sarcastically making Jennie roll her eyes.

"Who got threatened?" Comes Lisa's voice, completely different from her previous look. If she was looking like dapper before then bow she looks like a girl next door. She puts her handbag on the table then turns to look at each of them, "What happened?"

"Nothing. Let's move otherwise these girls will eat out my brain." Jisoo replies in return making Lisa chuckle, "I am also quite hungry. Let's go unnies!"

Lisa bids Jaerim goodbye before exchanging some important things to do the next day. The girls take seat in Jisoo's car with Rose and Lisa in the backseat while Jennie takes the shotgun. The eldest looks ahead as she drives, "Girls, where do you want to go?"

"Restaurant!"

"Home!"

Lisa and Rose turn to look at each and high five, "Mousse Cake!" They both giggle but Jisoo looks at Jennie, "What did get your panties in a twist, Miss Doc?"

"Nothing." Jennie's clipped tone contains an obvious hint that she is annoyed. Jisoo huffs out a breath as she looks into the mirror to gaze at the chatty girls in the back.

"Why don't you two just shut up?" And then another avatar of Jisoo makes an appearance, Mommy Jisoo, scolding the girls in the backseat who started singing. Lisa and Rose immediately zip up their lips and act to throw the keys to their lock on lips in their respective handbags. Only then Jisoo starts speaking, "Jennie, I get that you are tired but don't be cranky. You know this is the most suitable time for us to meet and then, both Lily and Rosie have their shoots. We won't be able to meet up any soon again."

"That is not it Unnie!"

"Then what is it?"

No answer.

"Aish! Why don't you tell? Maybe.." Chae speaks up but then Lisa also speaks up, "Unnie..why-"

"My parents want to marry me off!" Jennie huffs out that finally, making all three of them exclaim in shock, "What!"

"What 'what' ?" Jennie is totally not in a mood to deal with them firing questions at her. Only she is aware of the anger boiling the blood in her veins. For God's sake, she is not even past 30 and her parents are in such a hurry as if she is going to be an old hag the next moment! This topic has been weighing in her mind since last week. How she wishes she would turn back time and not listen to her mom telling her to return home that day when this bomb called 'you are getting married' was dropped on her head.