54. The Longingness Is There Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey! What is with this 2x speed? Bro, I was a running a fever just few hours ago! Can you slow down a bit? You are not on a fast paced treadmill, you know?"

"Hyung, aren't you a little too energetic for a person who has recovered from fever?" Jungkook speaks as he walks side by side with Taehyung. It's a biting remark but he is eager to see her and look at the situation! He is being slowed down by his hyung!

It's not his fault. He has been missing her and this man just appears out of nowhere.

"Who said I recovered? I still have some fever." Taehyung looks as if he has been wronged as he follows Jungkook down the stairs. Seeing that the other party is not speaking, he takes it as a cue to tell his sorrows. "You know Kook? I have been practicing hard for the upcoming concerts. Although I am happy that my promotions went well for the new album.."

The chatterbox doesn't stop and Jungkook doesn't pay any heed but he gets frustrated listening to him, "Hyung, were you a mute in your previous lives?"

"As I was saying..Huh?" The singer abruptly stops his flow of words when he, for the first time in a span of few minutes, hears the young one speak. Aye! Wasn't he supposed to applaud me for my new world record for the most viewed video on YouTube in a day?

"Why do you say like that?" The record breaking artist furrows his brows. Isn't it a little off the topic to ask a question about his previous lifetime? Correction. Previous lifetimes. But Jungkook doesn't mind the offense that his words carry, he just simply rolls off the reason for his 'off-topic' question, according to Taehyung, the record-breaking artist, "Because it seems that you are compensating for not speaking in your previous lifetimes." Jungkook emphasizes on the words - 'not' and 'lifetimes', before stepping into the hall across the dining room.

Taehyung pauses and stares silently at the back of the person who just sassily rebuked him.

Am I that talkative?

Meanwhile, Lisa who has just entered the dining room sees Jungkook approaching, looking clearly more attractive than before. She quickly weaves a hand through her hair and puckers her lips but then calms her heart down and pastes a pretty smile on her face. The calm exterior of hers clashes heavily either her current chaotic interior.

She sneaks a glance at him, he's in casuals - sporting black trousers and an oversized t-shirt. And what is she wearing? A floral maxi dress. She thinks she looks okay and with that she ducks her head back into her phone, reading the comments on her recent post on Instagram but you know, she is really not reading. And the reason? Jungkook is nearing and it is clear from the footsteps which are synchronous with her thudding heartbeats.

She is beautiful.

So much so.

Jungkook stares at his wife, sitting in one of the dining chairs. Her head bowed and her shoulders slumped a little, showing some hints of fatigue from the day. Her bangs brush lightly across her forehead while the decorative lamp above the table casts a faint shadow, highlighting the contours of her face making her seem exactly like an angel from heavens.

Guess what? To him, she really is one.

His heart thuds against his chest, feeling the excitement building up in him with every step he takes closer to her, the anticipation in his nerves to make the first eye contact after so long to see her pupils dilate and her lashes fluttering. Yup, that definitely paints the most serene picture in his heart. He wasn't aware about this before but now he is. They haven't even talked to each other all these days, he wants to hear her call his name. He had wanted to call her but then remembering the schedule of hers that always landed on his table every morning. She was too busy and so was he. But his daily business didn't hinder his thoughts of her. Everytime he would glance at his watch, he would remember her itinerary for the day.