Hero [Chapter IX]

Start from the beginning

"Rest assured, it's not a bug... not this time at least," Jeff winked. I stopped before opening the box, staring straight at him with wide eyes.

"THIS TIME??" I blurted.

"OPEN IT, LOSER" He laughed. I did, and there was a foldable combat knife with a little red bow on top.

"What is this for?" I asked, a bit shocked.

"I mean, I can't protect you all the time. I thought that maybe you'd need one. Being in this house and all," Jeff explained.

"My hero," I laughed.

"If you don't want it, I'll just take it back," Jeff said, with a hint of sass. He reached out to grab the box.

"NO I WANT IT," I blurted, snatching it back. Jeff's smile widened.

"You're so cute," He chuckled.

"That's gay," I pointed at him, making his eyes cross as they focused on my finger. He has no idea how cute he is too.

Jeff smiled softly. He stared into nothing, lost on thought before I waved my hand in front of his face to get his attention.

"Helloooo~? Earth to Jeff? Anyone home?" I asked. He shook his head around before scrunching his face.

"Sorry," He said.

"No it's ok, it's ok!" I spoke, afraid I upset him in some way. We sat there in silence for a while,

"Do you regret going with me?" Jeff asked abruptly.

"What?" I said surprised.

"Taking care of me after I hit my head, not turning me in, and even running from the police with me," He listed.

"No! Of course not!" I raised my hands in a sort of surrender pose.

"I'm dangerous, Y/N," He added.

...

"I could hurt you at any moment. All I ever crave is that rush after a kill. Aren't you..." Jeff went on.

"Scared?" He spoke softly.

"No, I'm not," I reassured him.

"I think you'd be better off if I let you go back home to your normal life," He said, fiddling with his hoodie strings.

"Why would you say that?" I asked him,

"I think I just ruined your whole life..." his voice cracked.

"I mean, I'm not even good looking either, it must be a pain to even look at my face," Jeff whispered, quieter than silence itself.

"Please don't say that," I hesitantly placed a hand on his, turning him towards me.

"and I'll never regret meeting a boy so pretty" I whispered. Jeff pulled back, wide eyed.

"what?" He chuckled slightly.

"a boy so shitty," I said, panicking.

"You're joking right?" He laughed.

"No, I'm serious," I responded.

He sat back,

"You okay?" I asked. He made a face I have never seen on him before. A smile so genuine. Pure bliss. Happiness.

For once, happiness.

"Yeah," Jeff smirked, leaned in, and kissed me. I returned the kiss, melting into his touch.

He held my face with one hand and had the other on my waist, pulling me as close as he could. Our tongues danced together in the heat of our mouths.

I could taste the blood as his smile wound tore again. What surprised me was I was even more allured by the taste of the iron in his blood.

Before I could have enough, he pulled away.

"We should stop before I get too carried away," Jeff chuckled. As much as I didn't want to, he was right.

We spent the rest of the day talking and he would bring food up when we needed some. We even walked in the forest for a while.

He told me about his childhood and how he came to be the famous Jeff the Killer. He told me about how he got burned and even his family. His name was Jeffrey Woods and he was just a normal kid. I learnt he had a brother and even has a dog wandering around the mansion as we spoke. He said it's name was Smile Dog, which I think was quite funny.

He told me about the voices in his head and how sometimes they get too strong. That he was scared of himself and what he was capable of. He was scared of the fact that he LIKED killing.

In return, I told him about my family, my childhood, Vynn, Ashton, my mom who left, my dad who was the greatest person that this world could ever offer, and anything else that came to mind

"I'm glad you have people like your dad and Vynn in your life," I remember him saying. It made me feel sad though, because I knew he didn't have people like that.

I'll admit, it's nice being around Jeff. As ironic as it was, I felt safe around him.

He's my happy place.

The next thing I know, he was asleep on my lap, lightly snoring. I checked the time and it was 11:43pm.

I'd better get to sleep too.

I put a blanket on him and layed down, his head still resting on my lap.

I wish this moment would last forever.

1479 words

A/N
IM ALIVEEEEE.
Anyways sorry for the long ass wait. My partner died and I wasn't in the mental state to write, but I'm back now. This chapter is dedicated to Hero, my late partner. He was a beautiful soul and will always be one of the best people who have come into my life. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Another will be out soon. Cya guys!!!