Peppermint [Chapter VIII]

"What the hell is happening?" I mumbled to myself, sitting on the bathroom tiles. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or scream. I gazed down at my hands; bandaged and bloody. All of this was happening so fast, and I didn't know if I could take it.

I just want to go home

My eyes stung and I rubbed them trying to get rid of it. I needed to get my shit together. It never really was to begin with, but I had to at least have it all in one place. There was just,

So. Much.

I took off the absolute monstrosity of a hospital gown, and unwrapped the bandages on my arms. I stepped in the shower, my stiff shoulders instantly relaxing as I felt the warm water glide down my body. I thought more about what was happening.

I'm associated with a wanted serial killer and that only started because I let the guy live. I thought about it and it really is all my fault

I couldn't return to my house because apparently I'm wanted by the police too. I'd expect that my face is everywhere on the news along with his.

All those waffles I've been hoarding for years are going to waste. I need my polite pancakes.

My car was blood stained and had bullet holes all over it. MEANING I had to pay for that once all of this shit calms down. Heck, I don't even know if i'll be able to pay for the next 2 years of college.

Better yet, I had bolted out of the hospital without a second thought. Even worse, I was running from my best friend. We had just reunited and I feel awful about it.

A creepy guy wanted to steal my organs. I'm in a house that I don't recognize. Theres people everywhere that just aren't normal. Everything is so out of the ordinary and it hasn't even been a week. At least I had Jeff.

Wait no, I don't have Jeff.

I'm only staying with him because he's the only person that could help me.

But...

That isn't true.

I don't even know why I started looking for him.

I risked my life and ran into a forest because there was just a slight chance he could be in there. Vynn could have helped me. I could have stayed with her. I trusted her more..

Didn't I?

This is all so confusing. It makes no sense anymore. The very fabric of my life was ripped to pieces in a matter of three days. I don't know how that eyeless man can see, or even survive. That girl acted totally normal like she wasn't bleeding from the head. There are people in random halloween masks walking around and I'm supposed to pretend that's normal?

IM IN A SERIAL KILLER'S BATHROOM FOR FUCKS SAKE

I don't think my brain has even gripped the fact that my life will most likely never be the same.

what will I do after this?

what will the people in this house do to me?

why did Jeff call this place hell?

why are there weird people everywhere?

Why cant it just all go back to normal?

I got out of the shower after thoroughly washing myself, wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked over to the small mirror, examining myself. My face had small cuts and scrapes that had already scabbed. I held eye contact with my reflection.