One Way [Chapter VI]

My body felt heavy and my heartbeat throbbed in my head. Each thump made me want to scream. It only made the pounding in my brain worse. I couldn't move a muscle. All my limbs felt like they were made out of lead. Waves of pain radiated from my side and right hand. I tried to move something, anything on my body. That only lead to a sharp pain ripping through my skull and the ringing in my ears to magnify.

I didn't know what was going on and honestly, I couldn't find out. All I could think of was how my body felt like it was tearing itself apart. Over and over again. Ripping everything to shreds, and trying to glue it back together, only to have it fall to pieces again. Beyond the high pitched screech in my ears, I was able to make out a woman's voice. I couldn't figure out what they were saying. It was muffled and drained out by the ringing but I knew it was there. It started to clear and I heard a heart monitor beeping in rhythms.

I used all my force to try and open my eyes. It was like having two weighted blankets as eyelids. When I did open them, I saw a woman maybe in her early 20s like me. She had long black hair, tied up in a messy bun. She looked worried. She gasped when she saw me open my eyes. I still couldn't hear very well. Everything was still ringing. She turned back, yelling.

"NURSE"

A team of people came rushing in to check what was happening. they noticed I was awake and dashed towards me.

"Can you hear me? Can you see me? Try and talk. Wiggle your fingers for me," the nurse threw questions and commands at me like we were playing a dodgeball game. I was groggy, a bit confused, and pained but other than that, I was able to move my limbs after a while.

"Y/N, oh my god are you okay?" the woman from before asked. She looked so concerned, I didn't understand why she was so worried.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Who are you though?" I asked. My voice sounded scratchy and raw. It wasn't this bad when I passed out. How long has it been?

"Y/N, you don't remember me? It's Vynn," Her voice trailed off and the look on her face saddened. No, this was her. Oh my god it's her. I cant believe I didn't remember.

"VYNN? OH MY GOD I MISSED YOU," My unused voice cracked but I didn't care. She had changed so much from the last time I saw her. She was wearing glasses now and her style completely changed too. I pulled her into a hug and she squeezed lightly.

"So I'm guessing you DO remember me?" She chuckled. I nodded. She laughed and squeezed me tighter.

"I'm glad, I missed you too," She took a deep breath of relief. I felt her muscles relax. "Now, you have a LOT of explaining to do," we pulled out of the hug and Vynn crossed her arms. "I'm waiting," I stalled for a bit until the nurses left and then I started talking.

"Okay so this is one hell of a ride so hold on. I moved to England for college and I don't know why I decided to cut you off but I guess I just wanted a fresh start. I dropped out and moved back here in the first year. Mr. Taylor, Samuel's dad from highschool gave me a huge discount on rent cuz I helped Sam graduate," I rambled.

Vynn sat down in a chair and listened with no readable expression on her face.

"And then I was just trying to sleep and this psycho killer broke into my house and started chasing me so I knocked him out with a refrigerator-" I tried to continue but Vynn cut me off.

"With what now??" she cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"A refrigerator," I repeated. She silently studied my face after I said that, not talking though. I decided to keep going.

"I was stupid and let him live. In the morning, he didn't kill me and honestly I'm still confused why he didn't. The police knocked on my door and I again was being stupid and lied to them. I tried to get rid of him by going to the old diner by the station so he would get caught but then my ex was the waiter and started harassing me-"