"Yes, I am the cause of everything. Sir, I put your daughter into this mess. Because of me, she didn't return yesterday and was taken into this pack where she was subjected to this great torture. I am so sorry and would love it if you took her back and never let her come out till two weeks' time. " He replied lowly, looking straight at me with both eyes filled with emotions and fear.

Jace's POV

My heart was hitting so hard inside my chest as I mumbled those words. Tears were warming up in my eyes, but I kept pushing it back and acting as strong as I could.

My heart was pierced by sharp pain looking at Bella lying on the bed with those bandages. I was hurt so much that she had to pass through that pain all because of me. I feel ashamed that I couldn't even protect her for once.

The first thing I did after Sophia had given me that condition was to fetch Bella's parents so they could come and take Bella far away from me. She had to go away from me while they kill me alone. Yes, there is no way she will die with me.

As I leant against the wall staring at the emotional moments between daughter and mother, I couldn't help but feel more pangs in my heart. What if Bella had been killed yesterday? Imagine the agony and deep misery her parents would go through.

I never thought my life would turn this sour to the extent that I would be close to death. Even now, it is clear that I will face death soon because there is no way I will be able to bring Lola back. It is impossible as she had gotten herself into the vampire clan.

Even if she is alive, once I step into the clan to fetch her, the vampires will kill me. It is all useless. My life is an entire mess.

"Jace, what are you saying? You are not the cause of all this! If there is anyone to blame, it is Lola! You have no idea that vampire is the same Lola rescued before!" Bella defended, but right now wasn't the time to listen to her.

"Please, you both should take her away from the pack now." Hide her for the moment. She shouldn't attend that school again" I breathed, and before Bella could say anything, I walked away at a quick pace.

"Jace, I am not going anywhere!!! You want to push me away and die alone!" Bella's scream struck my ears just as I stepped out of the door. Those words made my legs stiff and stuck to the ground.

I was feeling every pain she had in her heart, and it wasn't from the wounds on her back. This time she was hurt that I was pushing her away. Her heart was thumping hard, like she would lose her breath.

"Hey, stop saying rubbish. Let's leave here as he had mentioned." Her mother half yelled at her.

"I won't leave here alone. Although I was in an unconscious condition, I heard the condition he was given before they stopped torturing me and allowed me to live. He was told to get Lola, which I know is totally impossible! That means Jace, my mate, is going to die," she exclaimed loudly.

My eyes shut as I stood there in sadness, knowing full well that she was right, but at the same time, I couldn't let her lose her life because of me.

I took a slow step back into the room, and when she saw me, she got this glint in her eyes. She rushed out of bed and hugged me tightly, crying on my shoulder.

"Please, why do you want to do this to me? Why do you want to die and leave me in this wicked world? How do you think I will survive the pain of losing you? Please, let's run together; far away to a place no one will find us, just as Lola had done with her lover," she pleaded while shedding those tears that were rolling down my chest from my shoulder.

My heart was so heavy that I found it hard to breathe normally. It was so painful to hear her say those words when the worst was about to befall her.

She must've thought I came back because I changed my mind to elude the looming danger with her, not knowing I was here to reject her. I am here to reject our mate bond and severe every tie between us.

That is the only way I can reduce the pain she will go through after I die. She mentioned running away with her because she doesn't know who Sophia really is. I know Sophia isn't a mere wolf and she is bent on killing me if I don't find Lola, which I know I can't find.

I don't mind dying now. All I needed was the safety of the only one my heart longed for. Although our love moments were brief, Bella's presence in my life had been the best thing that had ever happened to me.

"Jace, you are not saying anything?...Please talk to me. Please accept so we can plan it together and leave! Remember, we planned to stand by each other at all times. Don't die and leave me lonely in this world! The mate bond will torture me forever!" She screeched, tugging at my shoulder as more of her tears rolled down.

"I am here to reject you as my mate."

Those words rolled out of my lips, piercing my heart and choking my throat like I would die in the next minute.

She cringed away from me, backing away as her eyes peered at me with great shock and confusion.

She was already shivering while trying to catch her breath. Her mouth was agape and I could hear her panting. Even my wolf was whimpering as it cuddled itself inside me.

"Jace... Jace... you are... joking, right?" Her cracking and curdling voice finally gave her the chance to talk.

"I am sorry." I sighed and brought out the silver knife in my pocket.

"Jace, no! "Please don't do this to me," she cried out, but I had no choice. I can't let her suffer because of me.

I hope, after my death, she understands my action and looks forward to her second mate. It is clear I am not capable. She has families and friends. I can't end the poor girl's life.