"Take me to where her body is" I sighed hopelessly. As much as it hurts that Lola is dead, there is really nothing I can do. I failed her. I failed my fucking promise, which I am ashamed of.

I just hope she forgives me for being a liar and being so stupid that I couldn't protect her life.

"Take him to her..." Mom added, even when the hunters were already leading me away.

I didn't even know if it was in seconds or minutes. All I knew was that in the next moment, I was standing in front of a dead girl. Not any girl, but Lola. I mean, I was standing in front of Lola, who had laughed with me yesterday.

The face was all torn apart so I couldn't fully recognize her, but I didn't need the face to know this was Lola. Not only was her hair the same, but she also wore my pearl ring.same place I had put it in yesterday.

"So you are gone for real?" I muttered to myself, standing a few metres away while peering at the body. Her chest was sliced deep into her bones. I couldn't see her heart, and it also looked like she was skinned alive before her death. Now all I can think of is the amount of pain she must have gone through.

Did I just bring her into my clan to get her killed? She was alive in her pack, even as they tortured and treated her like a slave, but she was alive. I came into her life and caused her death.

"Take that evil thing away." My father's voice sounded from behind, and the hunter did as he said in an instant.

"Son, you really don't know the good thing your mother did for you!" He cooed at me, but his voice was irritating me.

"Alpha, can you stop calling me your son? Just stop. She is dead. I hope you are all happy, and no one should ever talk to me. I hate seeing you and Angelina!"

For the first time in my life, I called Mom by her name. Calling her mother was hard now. Not when she took my only source of joy.

I have never had the happiness and peace of mind as I have when with Lola. I just helped her pack to get her killed. What kind of man was I?

Wherever she is now, She must be disappointed in me.

"Son, you just called my name?" My mother yelled, scurrying forward with furrowed brows.

"Angelina, yes I did. You can kill me for that, since that's all you know how to do best. What did Lola do to you? She is so innocent!" I bawled out loud. I don't know how I couldn't hold back my tears. It had been so long since I cried. I can't remember ever having tears in my eyes before now.

It is so shocking how deeply pained I am to see Lola dead. I just can't hide or hold back my emotions.

"How dare you call me by my name?!" Mom shouted, and before I could see it, she slapped me hard on my face, but instead of groaning, I laughed.

"You have killed the only lady after my heart. She is the love of my life. You were too quick to end her life. I need to tell you this. No one in this world can replace her. I need a queen to claim the throne after him. Just know the kingship will be shifted from this lineage, because there is no lady I will ever love in this life!" I snarled.

With a snort, I scurried away, heading to my room with a heavy heart. The memories of Lola and I were rushing into my head. The picture of her dead body broke me down so I almost fell off the stairs.

I think my life is useless now.

Angelina's POV

"What just happened?"

I asked no one in particular. My eyes roamed around as I found it just so hard to believe it was all reality.

"I don't know what is wrong with my son. This is not the boy I raised!" My husband, Xander, mumbled as it stared at me with eyes filled with confusion.

"The charm must be so powerful...

"Can you just stop calling this a charm? I don't think it is! What kind of charm would make my son behave this way? Don't you see the pain in his eyes? It's so immense" Xander cut in as he sighed, tugging at his hair roughly.

"So what do you mean? Are they truly in love? Is that ever possible?" I shot at him with arched brows.

"I don't know. I am just scared that we might have made a great mistake by killing her. What if he doesn't give a chance for love ever again and ends up losing this throne after so many years?" He fumed, grunting in frustration.

"That can't happen. Blake is just acting out of shock. The love spell is yet to clear from his eyes. I'm sure he will get back to his senses tomorrow morning. Every vampire has a destined one. The one assigned to them by the gods. When she appears in front of Blake, he won't be able to resist her," I explained with a bright smile.

My mind had just flashed back to the moment I met the vampire king, Xander. The connection was so strong. No one could resist it as it pulled us together like a magnet, attaching our hearts together like a string.

"What if the lady we just killed is his fated one? Remember, you said you would find his mate with the ring. You checked, and it was the wolf girl. Didn't we just kill the fated one for our son?" Xander reasoned, and it struck me like an arrow.

Wait...

Could this be true?