cii. grumpy + sunshine

8.06

Atlas was walking down the hospital hallways when Lexie Grey walked up to him, grabbing him by the arms and stopping him. "Hey, hi."

Atlas smiled towards the fourth year resident. "Lex, hi. How can I help you?"

"Can you go have sex with your husband and make him nicer?" Lexie asked, raising her eyebrows with a pleading look in her eyes.

Atlas blinked away the shock of Lexies words, "W-what?"

"He's so hard on me, and he's grumpy and you're so sunshiny." Lexie deflated as she talked, hating that she's on Derek's service well he's grumpy. "He's like that one care bear no one liked."

"Wow, Lex, is he really that bad?" Atlas knew his husband was definitely that bad, it's not the first time someone had said something to him. "Wait — I know it is."

"Please! Or bring him your kid so he can cuddle her! I don't want to be in the middle of his grumpiness anymore." Lexie rambled slightly, shaking Atlas's arms that she had a hold on. "Please."

Atlas chuckled and walked towards where his husband was, he slowed his steps and mentally prepared what he was going to say or do. He wasn't sure if he would grab his husbands hand and take him to an on-call room, take him to the hospitals day care to see Starlee, take him away from the hospital in general, or just talk to him.

"Atlas!" Miranda Bailey tapped Atlas on the shoulder, snapping him out of his overthinking. "You need to do something about your husband ..."

Atlas turned and looked to where his husband had been, but wasn't anymore. "I know! I know!"

"He's heading towards C.T." Bailey pointed out, sticking her thumb over her shoulder as she pointed towards the direction where C.T was.

Atlas nodded, smiling thankfully and speed off towards the C.Ts, where he hoped his grumpy husband was. When he rounded the corner, he spotted his husband sitting in a rolly chair with a bored look on his face.

"Hi, baby." Atlas peeked his head in, smiling in hopes that his pretty smile was contagious enough for Derek to smile back. He didn't.

"Hey." Derek spoke quietly, eyes darting towards the computer that still didn't show scans.

Atlas pointed towards the empty chair beside his husband. "Can I?" Derek nodded do Atlas took a few steps forward until he reached the chair. "I heard you've been grumpy."

Derek rolled his eyes and groaned. "I'm not grumpy ... was it Lexie? She'll never learn —"

"No, no. It wasn't just Lexie. Baby, is it Meredith? You lost your nuero resident and your trial. But come on, Lexie was in the hallway begging me to have sex with you." Atlas deadpanned and chuckled afterwards. He kinda thought it was funny after his initial shock.

"She what? Begged you to have sex with me?" Derek asked slowly, trying to process his husbands words along with trying to rack his mind as if he had truly been a grump person lately.

"Yeah! All your rules and picky things are driving her up the wall." Atlas reached out and grabbed ahold of Derek's hand, "Is this your last patient? Do you wanna go get coffee, or go see Starlee?"

"Can we uh, go home for lunch?"

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Derek and Atlas had come home from work early, bringing Starlee home too and dropping her at her grandmas for the afternoon. That had ate lunch, taken Snacks for a walk in the park, watched some tv before they had made their way to the bedroom.

Derek and Atlas laid side by side in their king sized bed. Sheets tangled around their bodies, hands intertwined together as they just laid there.

"Do you think we'll get a call?" Derek muttered quietly as he tilted his head towards his husband. Some of the reason he was grumpy, was because he and Atlas hadn't heard anything from the adoption agency about Cameron.

Atlas rolled over, realizing now that this had been why his husband was acting in such a grumpy way. When they adopted Starlee, there was very little preparation because she had been left to them. They had two home visits, and one court visit before she was legally their adoptive daughter, in their cage. But now, with Cameron the little boy waiting to be adopted, there was much more they had to go through.     And Derek was dreading it. He wanted a large family with Atlas, and selfishly he wanted it now.

"Of course we'll get a call, my love. There were other fitting people to be his parents, it'll take time for them to place him with the best family. Even if that isn't us."  Atlas told Derek, a small smile resting on his lips.

Derek leaned forward and kissed his husband, placing his hand on his cheek and his other hand on Atlas's arm. "You always know what to say, Atly."

The two continued their make out until Snacks scratched at the door, obviously wanting to be cuddled and loved. The two adults rolled out of bed and threw on a pair of boxers and sweatpants from the dresser before they opened the bedroom door.

Snacks happily wagged his tail and jumped around, basking in the 'snacks!' , 'how handsome!' that made him obviously smile.

Atlas looked towards Derek and then towards Snacks. He loved his family, and he was more than happy to finally move into Dereks dream home where they could sit on the back deck and gaze up at the stars.

"I love you, even when your grumpy." Atlas whispered in Dereks ear as he played with Snacks.

Derek paused and turned slightly. "I love you, even when you're all sunshiny."