lxxi. he said she said

6.06

"Flowers." Atlas looked up from the wedding magazine he had been looking at. "What do you think?"

Mark and Owen, who had been leaning against the nurses station — all well Atlas sat in the rolly chair behind the desk — both gazed down at the images Atlas was showing them.

Mark grinned, the image of Derek hauling buckets of pretty girly flowers filled his mind. "Maybe something like that one?" Mark suggested as he pointed to the picture of lilac's and dahlia's.

"Do you even know what those are?" Owen raised an eyebrow at the plastic surgeon.

Mark hummed, "Lilac's and dahlia's."

Atlas smiled brightly as the other two men conversed about flowers and which ones would suit the wedding better.

Derek rounded the corner, two to-go cups placed in his hands. "Hi hun." Derek greeted as he handed Atlas his hot chocolate. Then Derek greeted the other two standing against the nurses station.

As Derek, Owen and Mark talked amongst themselves, Atlas had been gazing at all the other doctors sitting in the hallway waiting area. There were people who looked teary eyed, and others who had bright red faces.

Something bad had happened, and Atlas didn't know who was at fault.

Oliver sat across from Eliza, who had gotten home only seventeen hours ago and got right to work. Eliza had told her siblings and mother — that also included Derek and Starlee, the younger one not even knowing what was happening all about how well Los Angeles had gone, even how the Addison Montgomery had offered her a job.

( A job that she wasn't sure she would be taking yet, she figured she would finish her year of residency first. She wasn't sure though, she really didn't want to leave her family and Seattle Grace Mercy West had a great residency program. But at the privet practice in LA, Eliza could go into fetal medicine and stuff like that with a teacher like Addison Montgomery. The only twist was that the woman she wanted to work under was her brothers soon-to-be-husbands ex wife. Well, only time will tell. )

Oliver's butt was starting to hurt and he so desperately wanted to get up and walk around. He sat beside Jackson yet neither talked to each other, neither really knew each other. It was dead silence besides the few odd words that would be whispered.

Eliza eyes looked around the waiting room. They finally settled on Oliver, who had blood scattered all over his scrubs. She took notice in how steady his hands were despite how much of his body was covered in blood. In that moment, Eliza had doubtfully wondered if this was all Oliver's fault — to her defence, Oliver was the only one still covered in blood.