lxxxvi. ❝reckless, you are❞

lxxxvi. ❝reckless, you are.❞
7.01

tw — read with caution
( shootings, blood, offering of one's life, ptsd, more. )

Maybe it was the way Atlas hadn't sleep through the night lately, not even lately but since the night after the shooting. Or possibly the fact that trauma counsellor, Andrew wouldn't clear him for surgery. Whatever it was, Atlas was not at all happy to leave work to go pick up hugs husband from a jail cell.

"Derek Christopher Lee-Sunny." Atlas glared at his husband as he stepped into the police station, his husband sitting near someone in the cell.

Derek practically jumped up off the bench and moved towards Atlas. "Hi baby."

"No 'hi baby', you're in some trouble." Atlas shook his head as he readjusted Starlee on his hip. "Yeah, dada is in some big trouble."

"You brought our baby to jail?" Derek asked with a raised eyebrow as he looked towards Atlas and reached through the bars to poke at his daughter, the action causing the little girl to giggle.

Atlas sighed. "We were having breakfast together when I got then call that my husband was arrested, again."

"Awe you had breakfast with dad, huh? Didn't you." Derek cooed as he wiggled his fingers at Starlee.

"Reckless. Reckless, you are." Atlas deadpanned as he glared at his husband.

"Reckless... yeah, yeah. Can we go? I have work being the chief..." Derek wore a cocky smile, he knew that Atlas wouldn't leave him in jail when he had to go back to the hospital and welcome everyone back. "Pretty please baby."

"No." Atlas denied as he turned around. "You can stay here, I'll pick you up later."

"Atly! Don't you dare walk away..." Dereks voice grew quiet as he looked to one of the police officers that had led Atlas towards his shared cell. "He bailed me out didn't he? He was just trying to scare me, wasn't he?"

The guard laughed slightly. "Lets go, he's waiting in the lobby."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"You had found your friend, one of your best friends if I'm correct, in an elevator bleeding out." The trauma counsellor, Andrew stated as he leaned back in his chair slightly.

Oliver winced. "I, uh, I did."

Alex laid on the cold floor of the metal elevator. A ding sounded through the air as Oliver readied himself to step into the elevator with Lexie tucked under his arm, but as the doors opened he couldn't help but take a quick step back as his eyes landed on the unconscious body of Alex Karev.

The councillor continued on when Oliver tuned back into the conversation. "You were with Lexie Grey at the time? Are you two close?"

Oliver nodded weakly. "I was with Lex - Lexie. And her sister is my wife, she's practically another sister of mine. At least I see her as one."

"So you felt the need to protect her? Is that why you made her stay in the conference room well you went out and gathered medical supplies to help Alex?" Andrew inquired as he watched Oliver fiddle with the sleeve of his brothers hoodie. "Sunny?"

Oliver looked down at his friend, at Alex. "You have to stay, Lex." Of course Lexie had shook her head and demanded on being the one to go out. In her mind, she wouldn't have been able to live with herself if she hadn't gone and something happened to Olly. "Lexie Grey, you will stay here. Okay? Because I am not going to tell my wife that you had died well I was supposed to be protecting you. I can't tell Mark its my fault. So You need to stay."

"Sorry." Oliver muttered as he stopped fiddling with the sleeve. "I couldn't see her get hurt, you know? She was scared to unplug the woman so I helped her, I should have just done it and she wouldn't have been placed into the position she was in. He wouldn't have wanted to kill her."

"Do you think this is your fault? That Gary -- "

"Please, uh, please don't say that name."

Andrew nodded. "Do you think he wouldn't have wanted to shoot and kill Lexie if you had just done it instead? Do you wish you had just done it instead?"

Oliver nodded as he looked up and glanced out the window. "Yeah. I do."

"I think thats all for today, Sunny."

Oliver didn't say anything as he stood up and walked away, leaving the trauma counsellor to write in his booklet.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Derek and Atlas making out when Derek pulled away slightly. "Lets have another kid, a boy or girl for Star to play with." Derek whispered against Atlas's lips.

"You - " Atlas pulled away so he could look his husband in the eye. "You wanna have more kids, now?"

"I want a huge family with you, love. I want it all."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas smiled brightly as he opened the door to Meredith and Olivers room. "Hey, C."

Christina didn't move from her stop in the bed as he glanced towards the blue sticky note. "Hey Atly."

"You look very nice in your dress." Atlas told Christina as he moved to stand beside her on the bed. "Red suits you well."

"I know." Christina replied but didn't smile back. "Hows Owen? Is he good?"

"Perfect. He's perfect." Atlas wrapped his arm around Christina, the woman leaning on him slightly.

Christina tilted herhead upwards. "How did you know that Derek was the one?"

"After I had met him, after I had fallen in love, whenever I closed my eyes I was him and my future with him. I knew he was the one for me." Atlas looked down slightly as he looked at Christina.

"Thank you." The woman replied. "We can go now. I'm ready."

════════════ ☆
only fourteen more episode are gonna be included in this act! this means around thirteen - fourteen more chapters!

i don't say this often, but comments and votes are appreciated!