Analysis- Why Charlotte & Ricky Didn't Work Out But Linda & Danny Did?

Note: In the sequel, I go through a deep dive into Linda and Danny's romance than in Feeble. But I am going to talk about both books if you have read Feeble and currently reading the sequel.

What made Charlotte and Ricky's relationship not work was that Charlotte forced it to happen than letting it happen naturally. Linda was in no way interested in Danny like that (while he was) but he didn't force his feelings on her and allowed her to be who she is. I could've started their relationship with them being friends and they would naturally be like the best of friends + with heavy sexual tension. My mind would explode and couldn't handle writing it. Like yes, Danny didn't try to invade her space and had to restrain himself times when he touched her (not in a sexual way) but like holding her shoulder. And when he did, he put himself accountable for not doing that without her consent, and my boi ACCEPTED that correction from her. Like off limits. With the turning point of their relationship. Her literally ditching her school and coming back was when all those feelings came in; read the Halloween chapter and PART 3 in Feeble.

Linda was attracted to Danny because he started showing care for her. Danny was attracted to Linda because of how free she is. Like yes, they get together quickly for good reasons!!!

They took time (in the sequel but the first book is included) and when Danny kissed her, now that's when they start to develop. Like they do have flaws they need to work on with Danny being a people pleaser and Linda avoiding comfort when in trouble + having an attitude. But they like each other enough to hold themselves accountable if one is bothered by their actions as you see in the sequel. It makes them so interesting and their relationship feels natural and not forced. Like even when they are with their friends, they don't feel like a couple but a group of buds hanging out.

Danny is the cause of her being the Valiant and being together will bring a lot more interesting storylines than the lines of Ricky and Rachel. And it's the same attraction to when Goldwind saved Linda from danger if you read Feeble.

See what I mean? Linda knows how to get him to ease his troubled emotions by bringing out the tough side of her. And she did a lot to keep him safe. Almost took a bullet from the Mayor. Being drowned in a closet by her maid. I wish my soft boi could know the truth...

Not to forget. It makes Danny and Linda way more interesting when BWWM (black girl/half black girls and white boys) are faced with a lot of tension and I like to write something along the lines of how will everyone view their interracial relationship. So far, no one in the sequel bat an eyelash but some will start questioning.

Danny lets Linda be who she is. Linda is the same way. Danny is good at math and Linda is good at music. They're both good at something and they are fun to write and I can't see them being with their friends romantically like Ricky or Rachel.