"No invitation, no getting in."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. I knew they were just doing their job, but it wasn't like I was trying to terrorize the party or anything. "Listen. Ask whoever is in there about my father. His name is Riku Matokai."

But before the man could answer, or as it seemed from his expression, speak against it, the door opened behind him. A young man who was the eldest son of the family stepped onto the marble porch floor.

"Mr. Jeon, we'll sort this out—" the balding one began but was stopped by the man across from him.

"It's okay," he said in such a calm voice, which I thought didn't match his dark eyes. He focused his gaze on me. "Are you Reva?" I nodded and he cocked his head. "Come with me."

I put down the urge to give the man standing guard a look that said told you so and followed the oldest child of the Jeon family. I couldn't quite remember since we hadn't met on any occasion, but I believed his name was Yoongi. But I didn't care anyway.

All I could think about was where my father and Raiden were and why my father had called me here. He had always asked for my opinion and advice so far, so I wasn't surprised that the first person he called was always me.

I quietly followed Yoongi through the hallways, trying to ignore the glances thrown in my direction by passing guests. You would guess that successful and rich people would talk business and other fancy things, but they gossiped like any other person, if not more. So I assumed that this night also gave them a topic to whisper about under their breath.

Yoongi and I took the stairs up and his shiny varnished shoes came up clicking against the marble floor as we followed the hallway to the right. His expression was neutral, so I couldn't read much out of it, which only increased the tension and nervousness in my veins.

He opened a double door and I noticed how crooked his fly was, which I didn't bother to point out. And then I was met with dozens of eyes as everyone leaned against a different wall or sat on a sofa. I found Raiden leaning back against a wall and rushed in his direction.

"Rai." I breathed as I pulled him into my arms. He was taller than me, but at that moment he felt so small in my embrace. I pulled back to look into his eyes. "Where's dad? What happened?"

His voice was just as small as he answered me. "He's in there." his gaze followed the way to another door on the opposite wall. "He's talking to Mr. Jeon."

"About what?" I asked, almost impatiently. Raiden kept quiet, avoiding my eyes.

"About how your cousin snuck into our house and almost humiliated our whole family." a higher voice rang out, making us turn around. A middle-aged woman sat on the sofa, looking quite distressed. She scowled at Raiden, and though he was taller than me, I instinctively placed myself in front of him.

"I didn't sneak in. I was let in," said Raiden in an attempt to clear everything up, but the woman wasn't even listening to him. I had seen her on a few occasions and was aware that she was Mrs. Jeon.

"This is my house and I didn't give you permission!" she spat back. "And to top it off, I find you with my daughter. Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to faint."

She brought a hand to her forehead before her son Yoongi handed her a glass of water. A young girl stood beside the sofa with her head lowered, her hands clasped together in front of her body as the pearls glistened on her beautiful dress. I knew that she and Rai went to the same school and she looked the same age as him.