Chapter 14: A Dragon's Roar

"Hurry! Are the rooms clean?" I stepped out of the way as Jinora sped past me, the rest of my siblings training behind her.

"Yes!" She said, "Asami's room is all clean!"

"And the brother's rooms?"

"Meelo was in charge!"

My face fell as a shouted, "That does not bring me comfort!"

An air acolyte approached me with an amused smile, "Not to worry, Yuki." he said, "We've cleaned up the rooms. It's all presentable."

"Good." I said with a sigh, "Thank you."

After the Hiroshi Sato incident, Asami wasn't keen on staying in the house she lived in all her life, especially after her father's betrayal. And because of that, Mako and Bolin turned to Korra and I, hoping that our offer to stay at Air Temple Island was still open. It was, of course, and we welcomed them with open arms.

We prepared everything as quickly as we could. Our new guests were arriving soon. After I checked up with Mom in the kitchen, I headed out to the docks, where Korra, Jinora, Ikki and Meelo were, already waiting for the newcomers to descend. I jogged up to meet them.

"You're finally here!" Ikki said, "Welcome to Air Temple Island. Your new home."

"Yes, welcome to my domain!" Meelo said, as Bolin tipped his head and smiled,

"Well aren't you sweet... little monk child." Pabu popped out from Bolin's shirt. My siblings squealed with delight as Pabu descended down, twirling around to play with Meelo and Ikki.

"I hope the move was smooth?" I asked, as Asami nodded.

"Yes, the Air Acolytes have been amazing. Such tireless workers." We glanced at the large piles of Asami's belongings.

"I thought you were only bringing a few things?" Korra asked.

'Trust me." Mako said with a sigh, "It could have been worse."

Korra smiled warmly, "Not a problem! Everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome."

I nodded in agreement, glancing back at the house, remembering something.

"Um, I was going to meet with my dad about something. I'll catch you guys later. See you around!" I gave them a little wave and jogged off.

Dad was in his office, looking as if he was just about to leave.

"I thought you wanted to talk to me." I said.

"I do." Dad said, "Well, not just you. Korra as well."

"What is it?"

"Well, since Lin's stepped down as chief, they're having a press meeting to welcome the new Chief of Police. I was going to let you and Korra know so we could head down to City Hall once all your friends got settled."

"Sure." I nodded, "Uh, do we know who's going to be the chief?"

Dad stroked his beard, "Last I heard it would be Saikhan. But, you never know."

"Saikhan is a nice guy," I said, "Maybe it won't be so bad."

Dad ruffled my hair, "Always good to keep an optimistic mindset." He said, "Anyway, grab Korra, we'll be going soon."