I cut their pancakes up in small sizes so they could pick them up with their hands and eat them easier that way. "What do you girls want to do today? It's Saturday, we have to do something fun together." I said and took a piece of the cut pancake into my mouth.

"What can we do?" Serena asked. I shrugged and started considering while eating.

"We could maybe go out and eat?" I suggested.

"We did that last week. That was boring." She answered. I looked over at Selena, she was too occupied with her pancake to focus on us.

"Hmm. What about the mall? We can look for books and new toys." I came up with another suggestion. When I said the word toy Selena immediately looked up and nodded.

"Can I buy any book I want?" Serena asked, her eyes wide open in shock and happiness.

"Yes, if it's not too expensive," I told her. Her smile grew and she thanked me, continuing to eat her food.

"Selena, I can see you trying to give Bambi the pancake! Don't do that, love, she gets the food that's healthy for her." I said when I noticed the piece of pancake in her hand, that she was holding down for the dog to crawl up and eat.

Serena laughed at that.

When we finished, they helped me clean up and brought the plates to the kitchen. That was the cutest thing I had ever experienced.

We washed our hands together and I got ready first. I put on some makeup and jeans and a sweater. I decided to put my hair up in a ponytail, and therefore the girls also wanted one. So of course, I made their hair like mine. They also wanted matching outfits, so I gave them white shorts to wear and a beige shirt tucked under, with their favorite teddy jackets. I filled Bambi's food bowl up and gave her some new fresh water, too, before leaving.

After that we got to the car, the girls holding each other's hands. I got them in the car and their child protective seats and got them both buckled up. We played some music that they liked, mostly songs from Barbie. Oh, how they loved watching every movie from Barbie. I had gotten used to seeing her face on my TV every day, and every time Selena wants a doll, it always has to have something to do with Barbie. I'm not complaining, I like that she has some kind of interest.

When we got to the mall, I got a shopping cart they could sit in. The last thing I wanted was to lose them somewhere in that giant mall. I couldn't lose them too. I refused to. They were the only people I loved that I had left.

As I promised them, we went into the toy store first. There were so many people in the store. The walls were red and the floor had different colored dots layered on.

"Mommy, can I get this one?" Selena asked and pointed at a doll. I didn't even notice I had zoned out. I picked it up from the shelf and checked the prize. It immediately made me frown.
"Baby, this doll is a bit expensive. Don't you want... this? Maybe?" I asked and picked up another doll. Her eyes lightened up when I grabbed the other doll. Thankfully, I could afford that. And when we left the store, Selena couldn't stop playing with it though it was still in its packaging.

"Alright, Rena. Should we go to the bookstore?" I asked and pushed the shopping cart out of the toy store. When she smiled it was like the whole world lit up, and I loved it. I loved them both so much.