16.

MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT & RAPE

I looked down at the red dress and back at the mirror, as I shook my head in denial. It was incredibly ugly, it was almost embarrassing.
"I'm not going to wear this," I said and turned around to look at Antonio and Romeo.

"Why not." Romeo's cold voice asked me.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I look like I'm a kid!" I told them, Antonio chuckled but nodded anyway.

"If I'm getting forced to go out there, at least let me look sexy." I requested. One of the cashiers came into the dressing room and scanned the dress on my body.

"Are you sure that's what you want to buy?" She asked as she pointed at the dress I was wearing. I looked at the two men and shook my head.

"Can you find me something sexy and... less red?" I asked her, she shook her head and left the dressing room without hesitation. She came back after a few minutes with a gorgeous black dress in her hands.

I took it out of her hand and closed the door to the room inside of the dressing room. I took the red dress off and took the black one on. It was revealing my breasts and there was a slit up to my thighs. It hugged my figure exactly the way I wanted. I opened the door again and turned around, impatiently waiting for an answer from Antonio and Romeo.

"So?" I asked.

"I like it," Antonio said. I smiled in satisfaction of getting my way, even though I just needed Romeo to agree as well.

"If that's what you want, then fine," Romeo said and crossed his arms while looking down at me. I nodded and closed the door behind me. I changed into my jeans and shirt once again and held the dress in my hand.

I walked out again and handed the shirt to Romeo as we walked up to the cashier's desk together. Antonio put his arm around my waist and led me out of the store.

"I'll take you to the car while Romeo takes care of the payment." He told me as we walked out of the mall together.

"Who are these businessmen anyway?" I asked. Antonio shrugged and pushed me closer to him when we crossed the road.

"I don't know, I do know that they are going to make a truce or something like that." Antonio scoffed at his own words. Truce, he must be very desperate then.

"Just keep yourself to Romeo and you'll be fine." He mumbled and finally found the car. He pushed me in and sat down beside me, as he put my seatbelt on for me.

I wondered where the other guard was, the one who always sat on my right whenever we were driving somewhere.
"Where's the other guy?" I asked. I looked at the usual security guard to my right.

"We gave him the day off, he has to take care of his children," Antonio informed me, I nodded. At least I wasn't in handcuffs anymore.

"Are you going to be there?"

"Hm?"

"At the meeting," I explained my confusing words.

"No. Romeo is the Don of the mafia, so it's only him." He almost sounded annoyed when he told me about it. I decided to just nod at what he had just said to me.

Romeo finally came back into the car and instructed the driver to drive us home, as he of course did.

                                  _____

When we got back to the house, I was nervous about what was going to happen. I knew those bad things weren't unusual, especially because it's the mafia that we are dealing with. I put the dress on my bed and crossed my arms.