13: the scare

It had been approximately a week since she told her family about what happened at Klaus Mikaelson's Manor and ever since then, tensions had been high

They'd been constantly training each other, making up plans whilst being holed up in the Herondale Manor.

As she strapped the last of her dagger to her leg, making sure her skirt covered it. Evelyn walked towards the gardens, her cousins and uncle training each other as she sat and watched.

Her grandmother came rushing towards her, her face lingering with worry.

Evelyn spoke, "Grandmother, what's wrong?"

She spoke, her voice filled with distress, "Vampires are gathered at our front step. Old ones"

Old ones? The Mikealsons. Klaus was here.

"Stay here" she commanded, "I'll handle them"

As she made her way towards the entrance of her home, Evelyn noticed the stench of vampires making her face scrunch up in disgust.

"You lot are stinking up the whole house" she spoke, her eyes meeting Klaus'.

"As query to your stench?" He questioned her, a playful look on his face.

Evelyn rolled her eyes as she spoke, "What are you three doing here?" She spoke to the three Mikaelsons; Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah.

"What? Can't I see my lovely betrothed?" He spoke to her, stepping an inch towards her only to be blocked by a invisible force.

She let out a smirk as she spoke, looking at Klaus' confused face, "It's scion magic. It doesn't allow vampires to enter this hallowed ground"

"We just want to talk" spoke Elijah. This was the first time she had seen him since well, since she had given birth to her sweet child. Her sweet Astraea. Gone in a blink of an eye.

She tried not to cry at the memory of her lost child, blinking back the tears in her eyes. She spoke, her voice calm, "You see that river" she pointed towards a lush beautiful river cascading down in the distance, "We'll meet there and talk. Be there in a hour"

She watched Klaus speak, as she slammed the door on him cutting his speech off. She rolled her eyes as she walked over to her grandmother, "Everything is fine, Grandmother" she let out a smile but the older woman was not pleased.

"I don't like this at all. You need to be careful around the Mikealsons" her grandmother instructed, worry etched on her face.

Evelyn gave a smile, "The Mikaelsons need to be careful around me"

----

An hour later, she was walking to the river she had instructed the Mikealson's to wait for her; she narrowed her eyes at the trio waiting there, bored and anxious, Klaus pacing around like a madman whilst Elijah was calming him down.