12: the family home

She woke up in Klaus' arms when someone barged in, screaming at the top of their lungs

Rubbing her eyes as she sat up from the bed, swatting Klaus' hand away from her as he buried his head in his pillow, her eyes noticing the faint scars on his back.

She tear her eyes away from him when the person started yelling.

"Klaus!" It was Rebekah and she was angry.

She watched as Klaus lifted his head from the pillow, saw his sister then let out a confused look.

"Who undaggered you?" Klaus asked with confusion plastered on his face. Evelyn let out a smile.

Rebekah let out a frustrated sigh as she whacked her brother on the arm, "Is there something wrong with you? Of course it was you!"

Klaus looked at her, hoping that nothing was wrong with his dear sister, "It wasn't me!" He exclaimed, rubbing his arm where she hit him.

"It was actually me" Evelyn spoke out, watching the two siblings look at her with surprise.

Rebekah spoke out, "What? I don't understand"

"That's impossible, you never opened the coffin" Klaus spoke with such disbelief.

"I'm a scion - anything is possible" Evelyn clearly stated to them.

She got up from the bed as she smoothed out her nightgown. Rebekah spoke up, walking to her to face her, sincerity on her face, "Thank you Evelyn for being so kind" she briefly looked at her brother, her gaze hard and icy.

"Are you lot aware that there are three men leaving the manor?" She spoke out, examining her nails.

Evelyn let out a smile, "Oh, that's my grandfather, my brother and my former lover. They think they are being so clever to elude me but I know"

Rebekah looked surprised, as she stopped examining her nails and looked at her, "Brother? You don't look like siblings"

"That's because Leander is my bastard brother. Before my father met my mother, he had an relationship with a unknown woman" Evelyn sucked in a breath, "She died giving birth to him and then father took him in, trained him. He loved him so much that he gave him honourably titles and lands; he wasn't a bastard in our eyes at all"

She watched as Rebekah snuck a glance at her brother. Evelyn knew Klaus was a bastard child; all the Mikealson siblings sharing a mother. But she didn't know the whole story - it was hard digging inside his head, sometimes it came easy and sometimes it she had to struggle a lot.

"Let's eat breakfast and then I shall be heading home" she spoke as she linked arms with Rebekah and walked out the door, leaving a disgruntled Klaus in the bed.

----

As she returned home, she was greeted by her younger cousin, Isobel.

"Evie! I've missed you so much!" She spoke out, her energetic voice filling the room.

She held her in a embrace, smiling at her younger cousin, "Belly! I've missed you too!"

Evelyn heard a clash of noises coming from the backyard, "What on Athena's name are they doing out there?"

"They're training with each other. Uncle Christopher was in the lead but had to suddenly go out but then Father took over and no he's in the lead." She let out a smile at the mention of her father, Evelyn's Uncle Tobias, "It's Father versus Charlie. I can't wait to see Charlie get knocked on his arse, serves him right for eating my food" she let out a wicked smile as they both walked out to the garden.

"Is my dear daughter and niece here to see my victory?" He spoke out when he saw the girls.

A voice spoke out, "Finally you are back from wherever you went" Delilah spoke out, tucking a stray strand of dark hair behind her ear. She gave a confused look to her, "You smell.. different"

Evelyn let out a shrug, looking non-chalant as one can be but she knew Delilah would want to know the details later so will her grandmother Lysandra.

She turned her focus to the boys training, their shirts off as she sat next to her grandmother. She gave a knowing look to her and she understood.

She spoke out, "Is it bad?" she had calm expression on her face, her hands fiddling with the fabric of her sleeve.

"Define bad, grandmother. We have to hold a family meeting tonight once Father comes back" Evelyn fiddled with her nails trying not to bite them anxiously.

She turned her focus towards the fight, watching as Charlie dodged a hit from Uncle Tobias, the latter then using a manoeuvre to pin their Uncle to the ground.

They struggled around a bit but Uncle Tobias got the upper hand leaving Charlie on the floor. To speed things along, Evelyn summoned a small burst of air to knock her Uncle onto the floor making the cousins burst out in laughter.

In that moment, she heard the front door slam shut, a familiar scent in the air. It was her father.

She got up from her seat and made her back into the house.

"Father" she let out a smile as she embraced him in a hug.

"Sassenach" he spoke out, his strong accent different compared to hers. "How was your time at the woods?" Whenever she disappeared for a short amount of time, they'd always assume she'd be in the woods roaming around as a werewolf. But not this time.

"Actually I wasn't in the woods this time" he gave a confused look, "We need to call a family meeting right now" he gave a approving nod to her as he went into the gardens, where the rest of the family was and summoned them inside.

She watched as they gathered inside, each taking a seat.

Evelyn cleared her throat as she fiddled with her nails, "I'm getting married"

Everyone spoke out at once, all worried and shocked at the same time.

She let the noise die down as she spoke again, "I'm getting married to Klaus Mikaelson"

"What!?" Exclaimed Uncle Tobias, his red curls violently moving.

"I'll explain everything" she told them about where she went for the day; Klaus' manor, grandfather, Leander, all the way to Lord Dane, maybe not the plan where Klaus ate her pussy out. She told them about the plan she conjured in order to defeat her grandfather.

One thing was sure about the Herondales; they were now getting ready for a war.

And maybe a wedding.