Perrie was about to press on her time device when the Scavengers' reinforcements arrived and fired their weapons at them, causing her to drop the device so she could shoot back.

Thankfully, Jade picked it up. "I–I got it!"

"PRESS IT!!"

"Which one?" Jade asks. "There are four buttons!!"

"The–"

Jade wasn't able to hear what Perrie said because their hiding spot was being shot at again. "WHAT?! I didn't hear you!!"

"Just press it, babe! They're getting closer!!"

"Babe?" Jade froze for a bit before pressing a random button on the time device. In just one second, it was quiet again. Save for the chirping of the birds and the clear blue sky.

Perrie was still pointing her gun and was in a defensive position, ready to attack. But instead of the Scavengers, there was a kid standing in front of them in an Ironman mask and suit. The kid pointed his arm out where a bright light shone from his suit's palm.

"Boom! I got you first, mum!!" Perrie tilts her head to the side as she returns her guns in her back and studies the kid, while Jade peeks from behind the blonde to see who was talking. "And why is mom hiding behind you? She's supposed to be doing her Super Wanda powers!"

Perrie was even more confused, so she scanned the kid using her right eye to know who he is. And the result was nothing short of shocking.

"Uhm, Perrie, what year is this? And why is he calling us moms?" Jade whispers to Perrie.

Perrie looked up at the sky to assess where they were, she looked around them and found that they were in front of a lavish three-storey, contemporary Mediterranean mansion in Queens, New York. It had a sprawling lanai with an infinity pool and a kiddie pool, too. It had a well-manicured garden, landscaped from top to bottom. There were bar stools that were near the pool and sun-loungers as well.

"Same year, just...different earth." Perrie finally answered.

Jade gasps, "Different earth?"

"You pressed the A.U. button," Perrie pointed at the device. "The Alternate Universe. His parents are the parallel versions of us."

"Oh...sorry, I didn't really hear your instructions, so I just pressed whatever button on the device." Jade explained. "Wait–our parallel versions have a kid? And they're married?!"

"I'm hungry, mum. Can you make chocolate pancakes for me?" the kid asks.

Perrie was lost for words the moment the kid removed his Ironman mask. He had blue-ish gray eyes, curly hair, pink and freckled cheeks. It was as if she was seeing a mini version of herself as she looked at his eyes.